Chords with Complex-1

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
pmascaros

12 Oct 2020

I wonder is there is a way of making chords with the complex-1 sounds...as you know is a monophonyc/duophonyc synth.

Thank you

selig
RE Developer

13 Oct 2020

Yes, by using the free Distributor RE and multiple Complex-1s, one for each voice ala Oberheim 4-8 voice SEM modules. Changes made to one device can quickly be copy/pasted to the others, and Combinator controls can line common parameters such as filter frequency etc. I just made a 4 voice Complex-1 setup and got lost in the patch for hours!
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

13 Oct 2020

selig wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Yes, by using the free Distributor RE and multiple Complex-1s, one for each voice ala Oberheim 4-8 voice SEM modules. Changes made to one device can quickly be copy/pasted to the others, and Combinator controls can line common parameters such as filter frequency etc. I just made a 4 voice Complex-1 setup and got lost in the patch for hours!
Sadly, Distributor is not free.

CVPT could be a free option.
Reason12, Win10

pmascaros

13 Oct 2020

Thanks!

mjxl

13 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2020
selig wrote:
13 Oct 2020

Or even transposing in the combinator should do the trick :mrgreen:

selig
RE Developer

13 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2020
selig wrote:
13 Oct 2020

Dang it, not sure why I thought Distributor was free, sorry about that!
Distributor is worth it IMO, as it's actually better for the job IMO. For example, CVPT cannot limit the number of voices to, say, four as in my example. So if you play five notes with CVPT, one gets lost instead of "stealing" the note from the previous four as you would expect.
Selig Audio, LLC

moneykube

14 Oct 2020

selig wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2020

Distributor is worth it IMO, as it's actually better for the job IMO. For example, CVPT cannot limit the number of voices to, say, four as in my example. So if you play five notes with CVPT, one gets lost instead of "stealing" the note from the previous four as you would expect.
it was free for a limited time I believe
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2020

Hamu control panel is great you can limit the voices and it has round robin function however the Distributor is the only solution that I have come across that honours round robin with notes held down...

I talk about it at the start of this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-5p8h ... Kd&index=9

Loque

14 Oct 2020

selig wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2020

Really? Maybe i missed it. Nevertheless, anyone should buy the bundle to get this device, another great Filter, a free designable LFO and Oscillator and a Mixing unit on top for just 30 bucks. And a lot of patches with the refill for this bundle. Really worth buying.
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

14 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
14 Oct 2020
Really? Maybe i missed it. Nevertheless, anyone should buy the bundle to get this device, another great Filter, a free designable LFO and Oscillator and a Mixing unit on top for just 30 bucks. And a lot of patches with the refill for this bundle. Really worth buying.
all I was missing to complete the bundle was VO-1 Viking Oscillator... which I bought
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

cgijoe

14 Oct 2020

selig wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Loque wrote:
13 Oct 2020

I just wanted to second the utility of the Distributor. I purchased back in the early days of Blamsoft, and it has been one of my favorite Rack Extensions still to this day. It leans heavily on Reason's routing logic and can do some amazing things that gel so well with the Reason environment. It is THE solution for making poly's out of any mono synths, but also the round robin and random functions can be used to make some really clever patches.

Billy+

14 Oct 2020

The whole bundle is well worth the money, lots of fun to be had

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... -system-i/

And a lot cheaper now than ever, get it before it disappears

• Information