Drifting tempo/bpm

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
pongasoft
RE Developer

20 Sep 2020

I have a recording (guitar + vocal) which does not follow the tempo accurately (for example a simple 4/4 kick is going to be in sync with guitar/vocal for 1 bar and then on the next bar it has drifted). How do you go about fixing this kind of issue? I have tried double click on the (audio) track and select "quantize" but it didn't work (made it worse in some aspects).

Thanks
Yan

tiker01

20 Sep 2020

pongasoft wrote:
20 Sep 2020
I have a recording (guitar + vocal) which does not follow the tempo accurately (for example a simple 4/4 kick is going to be in sync with guitar/vocal for 1 bar and then on the next bar it has drifted). How do you go about fixing this kind of issue? I have tried double click on the (audio) track and select "quantize" but it didn't work (made it worse in some aspects).

Thanks
Yan
You could choose a lover quantisation value, or you can draw in tempo automation. There is tutorial Ryan did a few years ago showing exactly this.

Here is a thread on the topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7283397&start=25

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Billy+

20 Sep 2020

Have you tried the audio quantisation options, read page 210 in the current manual for reason 11

pongasoft
RE Developer

20 Sep 2020

tiker01 wrote:
20 Sep 2020
pongasoft wrote:
20 Sep 2020

Thanks
Yan
You could choose a lover quantisation value, or you can draw in tempo automation. There is tutorial Ryan did a few years ago showing exactly this.

Here is a thread on the topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7283397&start=25
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for sharing.

Yan

ljekio

20 Sep 2020

I'm the only one sad about the discover/alihoopa?

• Information