Automation

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
UniquePhilosophy

28 Aug 2020

Hello,

How do I quantize my automation to the grid? The piano roll will quantize to to 1/16. Can the same process be applied through automation? I've seen it done in FlStudio20...I am using Propellerheads Reason 10. Is there a VST or Rack Extensions to quantize automation parameters or can this be done manually? I have attached a screen shot of a Project in process! Please look at the screen shot and I look forward to any suggestions. Have a good Day!

Sincerely,
Ryan
Attachments
Reason Automation.jpg
Reason Automation.jpg (354.75 KiB) Viewed 623 times

challism

28 Aug 2020

Quantization of automation values cannot be done in Reason 10, so far as I know. It's something I would also like to see added.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MannequinRaces

28 Aug 2020

You can of course manually edit it after the fact. If it’s a repeating pattern you can copy and paste it for faster editing if possible.

PhillipOrdonez

28 Aug 2020

The good thing about having automation available as clips which can be cut, sized, duplicated... You can have a clip per 1/16th (it whatever division) with a desired value, easily entered from the keyboard, to have a perfectly on the grid automation as you wish.

Creativemind

29 Aug 2020

Short answer - you can't I'm afraid. Would be a welcome feature for me and to finish off automation in Reason - linked / pooled / aliased automation (as well as clips), multiple curves, draw in-able automation, shortcut to show / hide automation lanes and savable / loadable shapes.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

selig
RE Developer

29 Aug 2020

UniquePhilosophy wrote:
28 Aug 2020
…Is there a VST or Rack Extensions to quantize automation parameters or can this be done manually?
Yes, it can be done manually because automation can be drawn or moved to the grid using SNAP mode in the sequencer. Yea, it's a pain, and indicates they are really only one step from being able to quantize automation if/when they so desire to do so!
Selig Audio, LLC

rgdaniel

29 Aug 2020

selig wrote:
29 Aug 2020
Yes, it can be done manually because automation can be drawn or moved to the grid using SNAP mode in the sequencer.
While you can -draw- an automation point so that it Snaps to the bar, you can't -snap- an existing random point to the bar line, you can only move it by the snap amount (if snap is ON). So if a point is at 5.4.3.47, you can't snap it to 6.1.1.0, you can only snap it to 6.4.3.47 (one bar over) assuming snap set to bar.

subFreq

12 Dec 2021

Regarding RGDaniels example above, you can snap to the bar if the snap mode is set to "absolute" instead of "relative", which can be toggled within the menu where you set the snap increment.

huggermugger

12 Dec 2021

One of the many shortcomings of Reason the DAW. They're so far behind, it's easy to imagine that they have not plans for much more improvement before they abandon the standalone version altogether and focus exclusively on the RRP.

• Information