A-list guitarist. can you slide?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
EdwardKiy

07 May 2020

I don't play guitar so this might be an option for me. My trial is out and I didn't find a way to do slides. Not in the manual, not in any youtube videos I could find.

Anyone used it to a point? can you do slides?

djsmex

07 May 2020

As far as I'm aware, the simple answer is no. I believe, the a-list guitarist like the pop/power electric guitarists are built of sample loops, I believe two bars in length. This is then sorted into styles and rhythms, partly selectable via the lower half of your keyboard and the RE UI. While the upper half of your keyboard is used to select chords to be played. You can use the modwheel to do mutes but the pitch bend although changes pitch, isn't like a guitar slide.
The RE isn't designed for lead guitar but more as a rhythm guitar, so great for quick rhythmic guitar parts but not for lead guitar solos.
If anyone has managed to do effective guitar slides with the a-list guitarist, please share how here.

EdwardKiy

08 May 2020

djsmex wrote:
07 May 2020

You can use the modwheel to do mutes but the pitch bend although changes pitch, isn't like a guitar slide.
Thanks. It's a shame, because some of the presets are simply amazing, especially with a bit of tweaking. MusicLab have figured out how to do slides on their romplers. They have 3 fully programmable types of slides too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYM3R8uw7B8

• Information