how can i recreate this bass sound in this song at 1:08

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
samsome

03 May 2020

how can i recreate this bass sound in this song at 1:08

also at 1:29 does the bass sound become something else? Or is it buried underneath that other bass kinda sound i'm hearing....Or is it just this bass sound filtered at 1:08

basically i was trying to go through all bass sounds in REASON studios....IS IT NORMAL i can't get anything similar and i've just wasted 2 hours going through its presets...any advice?

if you can know where i can find similar bass sounds in Reason 11 (everything that comes in stock) please let me know to see what i'm missing cause i can't find anything

Loque

03 May 2020

...sersiously...learn to make patches if you have very specific wishes...
Reason12, Win10

samsome

03 May 2020

Hey Loque

my question is,
is there anything close or similar to Reason stock sounds? the issue is i can't find anything simple like that! its a nice clean bass sound why is it so hard to find such

Loque

03 May 2020

samsome wrote:
03 May 2020
Hey Loque

my question is,
is there anything close or similar to Reason stock sounds? the issue is i can't find anything simple like that! its a nice clean bass sound why is it so hard to find such
Because most creative artists make their own sounds.

This one sounds very sin-wave like with a bit of thumb. Sin-wave like is a real sin-wave or just a very low LPF. The thumb can be some kind of modulation like FM or opening the filter with a different wave, like a saw. Try to listen, try to experiment, try to recreate. Failing is ok, keep on trying and learning.
My guess: Try a saw or square, very low LPF with a bit filter Envelope. If you have a FM synth (like Thor), try to add some FM, maybe with an envelope shaped.

If you still look for patches, try to find a finger bass and reduce the filter Envelope.

If you learn making patches, you can faster re-create a sound than finding the right one in a trillion patches.
Reason12, Win10

samsome

03 May 2020

thanks i will try those Loque,

i know there should be sample libraries or other vsts out there more geared to this kind of music/sounds but don't know if its a good habit to start yet, throwing out more money to such

in any way thanks for now!

Loque

03 May 2020

samsome wrote:
03 May 2020
thanks i will try those Loque,

i know there should be sample libraries or other vsts out there more geared to this kind of music/sounds but don't know if its a good habit to start yet, throwing out more money to such

in any way thanks for now!
As you said, "simple sound". No need to buy such sounds, just create them.

Your welcome.
Reason12, Win10

Baylo

03 May 2020

With respect, Samsone, you have posted several times now asking for “off-the-shelf” preset versions of certain genres of sounds. It is almost as if you have a preconceived idea that the only possible solution to obtaining a sound is to find a ready-made recreation of it by someone else.

The truth is, sometimes you will get lucky and find it. But most often you will spend hours and hours searching and still not be happy. You might also have the misfortune of spending lots of money along the way.

In my view, if your goal is to emulate a sound that already exists, you are far better off learning how to program your current synths, and train your ear to know what you are hearing. You might be much better served investing in a program like Syntorial rather than more sounds. You’ll have more skill at the end of the process, and you’ll be copying sounds in minutes yourself rather than searching fruitlessly.

Good luck!

Reasonable man

03 May 2020

Baylo wrote:
03 May 2020
With respect, Samsone, you have posted several times now asking for “off-the-shelf” preset versions of certain genres of sounds. It is almost as if you have a preconceived idea that the only possible solution to obtaining a sound is to find a ready-made recreation of it by someone else.

The truth is, sometimes you will get lucky and find it. But most often you will spend hours and hours searching and still not be happy. You might also have the misfortune of spending lots of money along the way.

In my view, if your goal is to emulate a sound that already exists, you are far better off learning how to program your current synths, and train your ear to know what you are hearing. You might be much better served investing in a program like Syntorial rather than more sounds. You’ll have more skill at the end of the process, and you’ll be copying sounds in minutes yourself rather than searching fruitlessly.

Good luck!
Too true. Its not realistic to think this kind of stuff can be learned in a few months , a year or even 2 years probably. I think a decision has to be made at some point by the OP to temporarily suspend music making and swap it out for some experimental gritty hardcore sound designing graft. Everyone has to do that at some point .. its just the nature of the beast i guess

• Information