How to get the trance sweeping phaser effect in Reason?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
riemac

Post 25 Feb 2020

I was wondering how to reproduce the trance sweeping phaser effect in Reason, which Sadowick Production is showing in the following video.
Sadowick is using a delay effect in Ableton with a very short automated delay time. I couldn't reproduce this in Reason, because I couldn't find a delay with such short delay times.

Any ideas?

eXode

Post 25 Feb 2020

Are you on Reason 11?

riemac

Post 25 Feb 2020

eXode wrote:
25 Feb 2020
Are you on Reason 11?
Hi Exode,
Yes, I‘m on Reason 11. Why are you asking, because of Sweeper?

eXode

Post 25 Feb 2020

Yes! Because of sweeper! :)

orthodox

Post 25 Feb 2020

This is a flanger effect, aka COMB- filter. You can try the half-rack Chorus/Flanger CF-101 device for that, though I'm not sure there'll be no artifacts on changing the delay. You can also use Thor's Filter 3 in Comb Filter mode, this way you can use Global Env to control the sweep.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

eXode

Post 25 Feb 2020

Here's a reason 11 project file giving it a go.

eXode-Trance_Effect.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eXode on 26 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

riemac

Post 25 Feb 2020

I‘ve tried Sweeper, but couldn‘t get the exact same sound. I guess the reason is, that Sweeper only works with a notch or peak filter and not for the whole spectrum. But maybe I could try quartet chorus with mod depth = 0 and a Modulation of the delay time and 50:50 dry wet.

riemac

Post 25 Feb 2020

eXode wrote:
25 Feb 2020
Here's a reason 11 project file giving it a go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5f9jg302tduw ... r.zip?dl=0
Thank you very much. I‘ll give this a try.

eXode

Post 25 Feb 2020

riemac wrote:
25 Feb 2020
I‘ve tried Sweeper, but couldn‘t get the exact same sound. I guess the reason is, that Sweeper only works with a notch or peak filter and not for the whole spectrum. But maybe I could try quartet chorus with mod depth = 0 and a Modulation of the delay time and 50:50 dry wet.
I actually use the flanger mode, since that is basically the same thing as a short delay (or comb effect). You can play around with the feedback amount (perhaps increase it) to get a different result.

Also, the bass sounds a little better if you tune it down to F instead of A. 8-)

orthodox

Post 25 Feb 2020

Here's an example using Thor. The effect is inserted into a bus track. You can load a test audio on the audio track and run it.
flanger-fx.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

eXode

Post 26 Feb 2020

I updated the link using built in drums to keep the project size down, I also added a variation where I achieve a similar effect with Pulveriser instead of Sweeper.

riemac

Post 26 Feb 2020

Thank you all very much for your ideas and help. This proves again, that there are a lot of different and good possibilities in Reason.
In my case I've found, that I like Quartet Chorus for this the most, because it has a very fine delay time parameter range.

Quartet Chorus.jpg

demt

Post 26 Feb 2020

now whered i put it
currently akai touch mpc. reasonsuite11, android kaosilater .behringer ddm4000 dj mixer
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information