Heavensgate1997 wrote: ↑
25 Jan 2020
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out in replicating this synth sound.
I’m new to using reason and sound design, and I just had a few questions with regards to this synth. Could you replicate it in Europa? Is this arpeggiated or would you use a sequencer?
The synth sound comes in at 1:14 of the song. It goes from a muffled kind of sound, to a sharper one, is that through adjusting a filter?
I think you can have a very similar sound to that synth using the Subtracter.
1. Add Subtractor to the rack
2. Add a matrix under the subtracter to connect them together
3. Keep the triangle waveforms and activate Osc 2 (there's a button next to "Osc 2" click on it so it turns red
4. Keep Osc 1 at octave 3 and put Osc 2 at octave 4
5. Keep Osc 1 at semi 0 and put Osc 2 at semi 4 (or any other semi than 0)
6. play the pattern in matrix
7. Move the Freq fader of Filter 1 up or down (you can also play with the Res fader)
8. Automate the faders to taste
9. Adjust the Release fader in the Amp Envelope to taste, automate if needed as well
10. For the synth to duck everytime the kick hits, you need to sidechain the synth to the kick using a compressor (reason's compressor works fine for this type of tune)
Hope this helps