I am looking for Italo Disco and Synthwave bells in Reason

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Haies Alshammari

30 Dec 2019

Hello,

I am looking for Italo Disco and Synthwave bells in Reason (suits) but I haven't found anything yet.

Do you know how or where to find these types of bells?

~Haies Alshammari. :cool:

Baylo

30 Dec 2019

I don’t have Suite, but if I did I’d probably start by looking in Layers Wave presets.

Haies Alshammari

30 Dec 2019

Baylo wrote:
30 Dec 2019
I don’t have Suite, but if I did I’d probably start by looking in Layers Wave presets.
Reason suits is like Reason 10 but with new instruments.

About the wave presets: Is it possible making melodies with the wave presets? because I think they are just sound samples.

Is there any instruments for bells?

~Haies Alshammari.

Baylo

30 Dec 2019

Yes - the Layers Wave instrument is based on samples, but is very much a playable instrument. The original promo video features some bells:

But, since I don’t own it, I can’t point you to specific presets. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

The other synths in Reason have plenty of bell sounds too. There’s often a “bells” folder in the instrument presets. I quite like some of Europa’s.

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2019

I'd start with Subtractor myself but I tend to make sounds in the mix not use presets.

Commonly what you hear on a record like

are Junos, DX-7 and just the normal synths around. There weren't Fairlights lying around for most of these guys. You rarely even hear talk about PPGs in that space.

Sub has a lot of traits that were common in the things that were used.

The other thing is why not make your piece then talk to a Sound Designer (like me) about helping deliver the sound or Sound & Mix?

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information