Upper harmonics with FM & AM: KNORR bass vitalizer

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
moggadeet

02 Dec 2019

Good morning!

I stumbled upon Knorr Bass Vitalizer, a VST plugin to add upper harmonics to bass sounds.
Knorr adds intensity and sharpness to a monophonic low frequency audio source. The unique algorithm adds overtones to an existing sound in a way that isn’t possible with ordinary distortion or filtering. The results are really satisfying – suddenly the bass is defined and powerful, but not in the way for other instruments. The internals uses a combination of filtering, amplitude- , and frequency modulation to process incoming audio.

I know Thor supports AM and FM and Europa supports FM as synthetisers, but this VST is a sort of insert FX. Is it possible to build a combinator patch with Reason devices to create a similar insert effect?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2019

Check out my post 'Scream 5' in the Patches tread. That would be pretty close, and maybe even more. You need GQ7 for it.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

moggadeet

02 Dec 2019

I will check it out thanks!

Benedict
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2019

It is interesting but from what they indicate, limited to only low, monophonic sounds. They get some interesting results so an experiment worth taking.

More broadly, you can use devices like Resonators to perky up your harmonics. Within Reason, Scream is a beaut for that. The kHs Resonator is worth a look too. Here you can see a couple of devices I have on-the-slab:

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information