Edit Mode: Zoom Window Positioning Rules

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Fotu

07 Sep 2019

One productivity challenge I've had with Reason when doing a lot of clip editing, going back and forth between Edit Mode and Song View, is understanding where Reason places the 'zoom window' in these mode transitions. Sometimes it has seemed almost random, causing me to pause with "OK, so where am I now!?".

Of course it is not random, so I dug into to figure out what rules it was using, mostly by test/observation as well as from reviewing the manual.

In case others (particularly newer users like me) have had similar issues, I'm posting what I found in the attached pdf paper.

The rules can look fairly complex, but you don't really need to memorize them all to get enough of a general understanding to demystify the window shifting so it feels more predictable.

Creativemind

23 Sep 2019

Fotu wrote:
07 Sep 2019
One productivity challenge I've had with Reason when doing a lot of clip editing, going back and forth between Edit Mode and Song View, is understanding where Reason places the 'zoom window' in these mode transitions. Sometimes it has seemed almost random, causing me to pause with "OK, so where am I now!?".

Of course it is not random, so I dug into to figure out what rules it was using, mostly by test/observation as well as from reviewing the manual.

In case others (particularly newer users like me) have had similar issues, I'm posting what I found in the attached pdf paper.

The rules can look fairly complex, but you don't really need to memorize them all to get enough of a general understanding to demystify the window shifting so it feels more predictable.

Reason Edit Mode - Zoom Window Positioning Rules 2019-09 v1.pdf
Fantastic info that is.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information