Non linear timeline and loop navigation

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Sterioevo

06 Jun 2019

I will leave this here and respond when I get a chance if anyone is interested, or has any questions.

Basically a self contained (within reason) solution to navigating the timeline in a non linear way with customised loop sections.

A few things:
- nothing special musically, just a proof of concept
- loop sections are triggered via midi
- loop points are controlled via the Volt SL and sent out via EMI to a custom remote map. These are standard in this example but can be set to what ever
- in this file I have figured out a way to use multiple Volts, and in theory could have 8x12=96 different looped sections
- the playhead follows a bar after I trigger the loop change
- using the Later RE to offset the timing of the downbeat, this is a bit loose in this example but can be finetuned

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2019

Note sure what this is for, live use? But if you can script in such a way that Loop point R is to the left of loop point L in a forward jump you do not get problems with the down beat.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Sterioevo

06 Jun 2019

Boombastix wrote:
06 Jun 2019
Note sure what this is for, live use? But if you can script in such a way that Loop point R is to the left of loop point L in a forward jump you do not get problems with the down beat.
Yes live use. Can also be used in production as "regions".
This is similar to what has been implemented by Nektar and Delora, and a few years ago there was a 3rd party rewire host called PeterTools live set that had a module along thes lines (plus some others that were very useful).

I plan to use this in conjunction with 2 other "scene" banks:
1. Mixer level snapshots, ie a bank of 12 or 24 different volume settings across 16 channels for example
2. A bank of Morph RE presets for individual instrument parameters
And then mix and match the 3.

I hadn't considered the right locator loop point trick in this context, thanks, might be something I can integrate.

• Information