Trunkation (I think that's how you spell it lol)

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
PrivatePartsUK

25 May 2019

Hey My Fellow Reasoners,

Does anyone know about what trunkation is of a mix at the end of the mixing process and why it would be used and also how to set up pre and post faders in Reason please.

Would've attached couple of videos to give you an idea of what I'm talking about but says file too large.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Many thanks

ppuk

PhillipOrdonez

25 May 2019

PrivatePartsUK wrote:
25 May 2019
Hey My Fellow Reasoners,

Does anyone know about what trunkation is of a mix at the end of the mixing process and why it would be used and also how to set up pre and post faders in Reason please.

Would've attached couple of videos to give you an idea of what I'm talking about but says file too large.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Many thanks

ppuk
Never heard of that. I have only heard about truncating, and that is not something you wanna do 😂

selig
RE Developer

25 May 2019

Truncation typically means reducing the length of something (like an audio file or clip), but can also refer to reducing bit depth. Say you're mixing with 24 bit files and want your final mix to be 16 bits - you must truncate the mix from 24 bits to 16 at some point. In Reason you can set this up when you export or bounce.

As for pre/post faders, you may be thinking of SENDS here. Most sends can be set to tap their signal either before or after the fader (in the overall signal flow). For most work, post fader sends are the norm, but occasionally you may not want the send level to "follow" the fader level. Examples would be to create a 100% wet reverb effect, to create a headphone mix that doesn't change when you adjust faders, or for live sound mixing. In Reason there is a button for each send to allow this.

Does this address your question?
Selig Audio, LLC

PrivatePartsUK

27 May 2019

Hey All,

Selig it kind of does, it would have been great if i can sent you a couple of videos as to what i am talking about please?

ppuk

• Information