sound designing synth patches

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
sleep1979

22 Apr 2019

ok so i started to learn synthesis a few weeks back and ive been making my own patches with thor europa-maia , and now i have
physic modulation phonec 2 ( i love this synth its my favourite now ) and i'm creating the more analogy synth lead patches and warm pads nothing spectacular ,
my question how you guys learn how to make the patches you want in the beginning is it all by ear ?

do you look at other synth patches ?
or are there some good resources out there on how to create a load of differensound types ie bass brass ?

thanks for your help

Kalm

22 Apr 2019

What started me was attempting to remix a song by using a synth of choice and trying to recreate all the sounds as close as possible. It'll teach you a lot. Certain sounds though like growls ill just check someone on YouTube. Those things have more "specific" methods. Anything analog based though, just listen and tweak starting with the fundamentals.

Is it sine, triangle, square wave based? is it filtered? does it get bright to dark or vice-versa (filter envelope). Does it sound like a bunch of waves playing at once (unison) . . . and take it from there. You're basically reverse engineering.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

sleep1979

24 Apr 2019

Kalm wrote:
22 Apr 2019
What started me was attempting to remix a song by using a synth of choice and trying to recreate all the sounds as close as possible. It'll teach you a lot. Certain sounds though like growls ill just check someone on YouTube. Those things have more "specific" methods. Anything analog based though, just listen and tweak starting with the fundamentals.

Is it sine, triangle, square wave based? is it filtered? does it get bright to dark or vice-versa (filter envelope). Does it sound like a bunch of waves playing at once (unison) . . . and take it from there. You're basically reverse engineering.
Thanks man

• Information