Recording from matrix

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
treysuttle

31 Mar 2019

Hi,

I've been wrestling with this and cannot figure it out -- how do I actually record after I've hooked the matrix up to a synth? I've found tons of tutorials on using the matrix itself... but I have not found a single one that shows how to 'get the sound recorded' after all is set up?

I've hooked my matrix to a subtractor, set a pattern, and then tried:

Simply running record (arming both the synth and matrix). Alt-clicking to set a lane from the pattern, penciling into the lane... no luck at all. I know I must be missing something obvious (maybe so obvious that it doesn't need a tutorial and thus why I can't find one :)

I'm thankful for any help as I'm ready to get this matrix into my workflow!! Thanks!

treysuttle

31 Mar 2019

I found it! After alt clicking then pencil in the pattern (And select correct pattern) in matrix track... I was trying to pencil the pattern in the synth / subtractor lane!

Jagwah

01 Apr 2019

treysuttle wrote:
31 Mar 2019
I found it! After alt clicking then pencil in the pattern (And select correct pattern) in matrix track... I was trying to pencil the pattern in the synth / subtractor lane!
Glad you got it sorted.

There's also a free Rack Extension you can place between your CV note device (like your Matrix) and your instrument which allows you to print the CV note data to a sequencer track. Only Matrix and a few others allow this from a drop menu so it may come in handy.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... layer-tap/

• Information