Glitch effects volume increase

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jagwah

28 Mar 2019

On a current project I'm noticing big volume jumps when fast stutters or tight repeats are occurring on a kick drum. This kind of sucks because there's lots of precise levelling to be done before I am anywhere near complete.

I take it this is because of doubling up on the same frequencies?

I figured there's no harm in asking if there's any workarounds or ways to ease the issue, or a good / easier way to level than just slowly by ear and eye?

Get your stutters out!

Loque

29 Mar 2019

Stuttering a kick and other instruments means stuttering the attack phase and that is in most cases the loudest part of the sound. Just lower the volume, add a very fast compressor with slow Release and a limiter.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

29 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
29 Mar 2019
Stuttering a kick and other instruments means stuttering the attack phase and that is in most cases the loudest part of the sound. Just lower the volume, add a very fast compressor with slow Release and a limiter.
Interesting, will give it a whirl thanks :)

VariableX

29 Mar 2019

I noticed this too with the Tape Stop effect with Glitch. I set it up as one of the 8 send effects and use it across all the mixer chanels using automation to activate it from within the sequencer... it all works swimmingly, but even when not activated on the device the volume of all the mixer chanels is increased by quite a bit....im probably doing it all wrong but it does work this way

Jagwah

29 Mar 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
29 Mar 2019
I noticed this too with the Tape Stop effect with Glitch. I set it up as one of the 8 send effects and use it across all the mixer chanels using automation to activate it from within the sequencer... it all works swimmingly, but even when not activated on the device the volume of all the mixer chanels is increased by quite a bit....im probably doing it all wrong but it does work this way
Yeah I had this issue with Glitch's 'Stutter' effect. Lo and behold each effect on Glitch comes with a volume control so I may take advantage of that.

I do not use send effects much at all but I know from using parallel channels you are doubling up on the volume each time you add an instance, maybe with your send effects once they are activated on the main mixer you could turn them right down to an off position or tame them with the green level knobs on the main mixer. Thanks for chiming in.

• Information