Really basic question about sequencer edit mode

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
treysuttle

18 Mar 2019

Hi,

I feel like I'm missing something fundamental about the edit mode in the sequencer. The grid resolution only changes up to 1/4... if I select 1/8, 1/16 etc., it doesn't change. I've tried zooming to see if that helps (maybe I'm just looking for the zoom in the wrong place.) The result is that if I want to do a hat roll say at 1/16 it feels really clunky setting in my notes... almost like guess work and trying to get lucky. I know it can't be that cumbersome so I have to be missing something....

is it possible to see a grid other than 1/4 at 1/8 or 1/16 etc.?

treysuttle

18 Mar 2019

I figured it out... I do have to zoom in really close to get the more fine resolution. I feel like with more practice I'll be able to zoom in and out quicker as I'm working.

Loque

18 Mar 2019

treysuttle wrote:
18 Mar 2019
I figured it out... I do have to zoom in really close to get the more fine resolution. I feel like with more practice I'll be able to zoom in and out quicker as I'm working.
There are a few zoom keyboard shortcuts like "z" and zooming with the mouse wheel and "ctrl" helps a lot. You can than scroll easily to the right position with the mouse wheel vertically, and horizontally by holding "shift".
Reason12, Win10

RandomSkratch

19 Mar 2019

There's also a new adaptive zoom functionally that when enabled will adjust the grid to match the zoom level. The closer you zoom the finer the grid gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information