select all to the right?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
jrneko

16 Mar 2019

Hey guys,

is it possible to select all clips to the right of the current location? with a hot key? I kinda want to double some clips without overwriting what i already have to the right. basically in ableton I would 'duplicate time' for this, but here i have to select everything with the mouse to the right, which is a lot of work :(

moneykube

16 Mar 2019

if u unscrew the subtractor careful like... it oozes special sause... so... maybe... :puf_wink: :question: :question:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jrneko

16 Mar 2019

moneykube wrote:
16 Mar 2019
if u unscrew the subtractor careful like... it oozes special sause... so... maybe... :puf_wink: :question: :question:
yeah that did not help ;)

moneykube

16 Mar 2019

jrneko wrote:
16 Mar 2019
moneykube wrote:
16 Mar 2019
yeah that did not help ;)
sorry... was being an ass... would be interested if there was a key command for this though
:oops:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Jackjackdaw

16 Mar 2019

Google 'Reason key commands ' there is a pdf with all the shortcuts available.

JonskMusic

17 May 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
16 Mar 2019
According to the PDF there is no select all downstream/to the right. Maybe I'm not searching for the correct term? I also searched for insert as in, insert extra time etc.

The original poster is basically saying "Hey I need add more bars to this part so I need to make room, what's the easiest way to do this?" I think that's a valid question. Do you know a good technique?

PhillipOrdonez

17 May 2019

JonskMusic wrote:
17 May 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
16 Mar 2019
According to the PDF there is no select all downstream/to the right. Maybe I'm not searching for the correct term? I also searched for insert as in, insert extra time etc.

The original poster is basically saying "Hey I need add more bars to this part so I need to make room, what's the easiest way to do this?" I think that's a valid question. Do you know a good technique?
I do. Set the loop markers with the desired length, then right click and select "add bars between loop markers" or something like that.

Edit: it is called "insert bars between locators" just remembered now.
Last edited by PhillipOrdonez on 17 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Creativemind

17 May 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
16 Mar 2019
Yeah but rummaging through that lot to see if your key command exists can be a tiresome lengthly task. Might as well do in with the mouse.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

17 May 2019

JonskMusic wrote:
17 May 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
16 Mar 2019

That's not what OP's asking. Insert bars between locators isn't what OP's asking. The OP's asking (I think) for a keyboard shortcut to select all to the right of the 'Song Position Marker' (which took me ages to find about 2 years ago in the manual to find out what it was called) which would be a damn handy shortcut actually.

Non-Midi Editor Shortcuts Propellerhead could do with implementing:-

Select everything in the sequencer before or to the right of the Song Position Marker.
Select everything in the sequencer before or to the left of the Song Position Marker.
Show / Hide Automation Lanes.
Clear / Delete All Clips From a Selected Track.
Slice By Song Position Marker.
Keyboard Shortcut to Put the End Marker a Chosen Length (Set in the preferences) After the Last Clip in the Track.
Unselect All.

One thing that would be useful here though is to insert bars between locators and it would then make it easier to select the clips you're after without selecting ones you may not want to that were before, then delete the empty space after.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

PhillipOrdonez

17 May 2019

Creativemind wrote:
17 May 2019
JonskMusic wrote:
17 May 2019

That's not what OP's asking. Insert bars between locators isn't what OP's asking. The OP's asking (I think) for a keyboard shortcut to select all to the right of the 'Song Position Marker' (which took me ages to find about 2 years ago in the manual to find out what it was called) which would be a damn handy shortcut actually.

Non-Midi Editor Shortcuts Propellerhead could do with implementing:-

Select everything in the sequencer before or to the right of the Song Position Marker.
Select everything in the sequencer before or to the left of the Song Position Marker.
Show / Hide Automation Lanes.
Clear / Delete All Clips From a Selected Track.
Slice By Song Position Marker.
Keyboard Shortcut to Put the End Marker a Chosen Length (Set in the preferences) After the Last Clip in the Track.
Unselect All.

One thing that would be useful here though is to insert bars between locators and it would then make it easier to select the clips you're after without selecting ones you may not want to that were before, then delete the empty space after.
They are asking this so they can make room to put something in between, so yeah, insert bars between locators does do the job. And yes indeed it also helps with selecting stuff as well, it is a handy technique, same goes for remove bars between locators.

JonskMusic

27 May 2019

It's interesting because this is very related to editing with Avid/Premiere. I think Prop could do well to work with some musician/editors. I mean, I'm sure they obviously do.

Bloma

28 May 2019

You can command+A (windows control+A) to select all, then shift select what you don't want. You can zoom out and use the razor tool (R) to select from the left, then drag to the edge of the right to get all that stuff. Zoom out shortcut is command+shift+mousewheel.

JonskMusic

01 Jun 2019

Something like this is probably the easiest at this point.
Bloma wrote:
28 May 2019
You can command+A (windows control+A) to select all, then shift select what you don't want. You can zoom out and use the razor tool (R) to select from the left, then drag to the edge of the right to get all that stuff. Zoom out shortcut is command+shift+mousewheel.

• Information