How do we transpose an entire song?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
webpro

05 Mar 2019

How do we transpose an entire song?

Let's say i want to lower down the pitch by 2?

Thanks

SoulState

06 Mar 2019

:reason:
Last edited by SoulState on 06 Mar 2019, edited 4 times in total.

Loque

06 Mar 2019

You mean midi notes? Select the tracks/clips and press F8 to get the tools window. There you can transpose it.

Samples within the sequencer by selecting all and pitching down from the top area of the sequencer.

Samples within the rack - each by each.

Sequencers in the rack - each by each.

You can also add a pitch shifter to the master, but this might be a bad idea from sound quality perspective.
Reason12, Win10

Wook

06 Mar 2019

You can select every single track in the sequencer with Ctrl+Alt, hit F8 to open the editor, pitch tab, how many semitones and apply. Everything gets transposed.

boingy

06 Mar 2019

Depends why you want to do it but I'd be inclined to mix it down to a single stereo track then pitch shift that.

selig
RE Developer

06 Mar 2019

boingy wrote:Depends why you want to do it but I'd be inclined to mix it down to a single stereo track then pitch shift that.
But why pitch shift drums too (assuming the track has drums)?

It’s easy in Reason to transpose an entire track as Loque outlined above. You can select all audio and MIDI tracks (excluding non-pitched drum/percussion tracks) and transpose in one action. Devices like Matrix would need to be transposed separately or by sending notes to track.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Creativemind

06 Mar 2019

Best way is bounce it down or export the song as audio file then reload it into a blank project and the knock the pitch down above on the audio timeline thing. Next to the dB think it is.

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

selig
RE Developer

06 Mar 2019

Creativemind wrote:Best way is bounce it down or export the song as audio file then reload it into a blank project and the knock the pitch down above on the audio timeline thing. Next to the dB think it is.
Again, this will transpose everything including any non-pitched elements. Plus you may not have the mix finished or you may want to transpose basic tracks before adding vocals (getting it in a new key for any number of reasons).

Plus, when transposing individual tracks you can adjust settings for each track to get the best results. In my experience transposing individual tracks can often result in better quality than transposing an entire mix.

Selig Audio, LLC

Creativemind

06 Mar 2019

Oh, hadn't noticed someone had already mentioned the same way I instantly thought of. In FL Studio there is a global pitch button + or - 12 semitones and I've used it. Not noticed it not working or drums coming out different ort anything unless it's doing something else behind the scenes but that was ages ago now and wasn't really thinking about it, it seemed to work.

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

boingy

06 Mar 2019

selig wrote:
06 Mar 2019
boingy wrote:Depends why you want to do it but I'd be inclined to mix it down to a single stereo track then pitch shift that.
But why pitch shift drums too (assuming the track has drums)?

It’s easy in Reason to transpose an entire track as Loque outlined above. You can select all audio and MIDI tracks (excluding non-pitched drum/percussion tracks) and transpose in one action. Devices like Matrix would need to be transposed separately or by sending notes to track.

True but he's only talking about dropping 2 semitones. I'm assuming he wants it pitched down to play and/or sing live against.

• Information