High Pass or Low Pass progression

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Molotovbeatz

22 Feb 2019

Hi :reason: gang,

So in FL Studio I used to used a plugin called Love Filter which allowed me to control the High Pass or Low Pass filter progression with the knobs.

My question is how can I achieve the same effect, an example from this Electro House music video below:

The filter progression should start at around 1:27 in the video. With which device can I achieve that on Reason? Or this is just the matter of High'/Low pass filter in SSL Compressor mix?

Thanks,
M.

S1GNL

22 Feb 2019

I’m using kHs Filter for sweeps. It’s clean sounding and low on CPU. Plus, you can adjust the Q to add resonance which makes the sweeping effect more "dramatic". It’s 19 $. I highly recommend it.

Molotovbeatz

22 Feb 2019

S1GNL wrote:
22 Feb 2019
I’m using kHs Filter for sweeps. It’s clean sounding and low on CPU. Plus, you can adjust the Q to add resonance which makes the sweeping effect more "dramatic". It’s 19 $. I highly recommend it.
Do you use it on the Mix master bus for the entire song or a specific lane in the Mix ?

RandomSkratch

22 Feb 2019

Molotovbeatz wrote:
S1GNL wrote:
22 Feb 2019
Do you use it on the Mix master bus for the entire song or a specific lane in the Mix ?
You could put it on the master bus or you could create a seperate "filter" bus, bus the channels you want affected by the filter, and then drop the filter into the channel. Check the Factory Sound Bank > All Effect Patches > Multi FX > DJ Filter Set and insert that into the channel combinator for a quick test. It's a variable LP / HP / BP filter with echo (can be disabled).

--Edit--

Alternately just drop an ECF-42 into the "Filter" channel instead of the DJ Filter Set (it's much more basic and is LP/BP only). For High Pass you will probably need something else (like the mentioned KHz Filter plugin).

S1GNL

22 Feb 2019

Molotovbeatz wrote:
22 Feb 2019
S1GNL wrote:
22 Feb 2019
You can use it wherever you want.

• Information