OMG! Drum lanes everywhere!

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Adabler
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2018

So..I saw this tweet:
omg.JPG
omg.JPG (26.04 KiB) Viewed 532 times
...and in turn this video:

...and then my mind was blown! You want drum lanes for you L1nndrum or any other drum RE? No problem! Just pick whatever you want in the GOD DAMN Change Note Edit Mode Menu which apparently has been there all this time...

One of my most wanted features was there all along! :oops:

Big thanks to Evan at Stock Music Musician for this find! :thumbs_up:
:reason: 12, Win10

Loque

18 Sep 2018

:-D

I used the "automation" button on the right side, but tbh always overlooked those little things. Now i know how to switch the editor.
Reason12, Win10

Adabler
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2018

I completely stupefied by this. How could this not have been a more widely known thing? I ended up routing through redrum just for the drum lanes... The answer I usually got when I asking about this was that REs could not have drum lanes due to some limitation in the SDK. Ah, well, I am very happy about this, so yay!

rcbuse
RE Developer

18 Sep 2018

Adabler wrote:
18 Sep 2018
I completely stupefied by this. How could this not have been a more widely known thing? I ended up routing through redrum just for the drum lanes... The answer I usually got when I asking about this was that REs could not have drum lanes due to some limitation in the SDK. Ah, well, I am very happy about this, so yay!
I bet that anyone that answered that question with something about the SDK must have thought you were talking about the drum pattern lanes.

Adabler
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2018

rcbuse wrote:
18 Sep 2018
I bet that anyone that answered that question with something about the SDK must have thought you were talking about the drum pattern lanes.
Yes, that is possible. This is all I ever wanted, as opposed to the key edit mode with the piano on the left:
laneCapture.JPG
laneCapture.JPG (101.46 KiB) Viewed 487 times
At least before they released the Drum Sequencer player which solved the problem for me in that I didn't have to route a bunch of stuff to get a work flow I liked. :)

EdGrip

18 Sep 2018

Good for if you're using NN19 (or VST sampler) for percussion.

• Information