DJ Tech Tools Midi Fighter Twister in Reason 10

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
ast3rix

08 Sep 2018

Hi,

I created a video showing how to add this device to Reason due to it not having any native drivers available from the manufacturer. It is a really nice button and knob controller that has a set of 3 bank buttons on the side of the unit which allow you to create additional banks of controls.

Here's the device:Image

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSYr9vp26l4&t=890s

selig
RE Developer

08 Sep 2018

I've messed with that device and it's cool - want to test the fighter too, as I hear it's rather noisy in a small quiet space but triggers like nothing else (and I'm never satisfied with any of the MPC style trigger buttons). Do you have the Fighter too?
Selig Audio, LLC

ast3rix

08 Sep 2018

selig wrote:
08 Sep 2018
I've messed with that device and it's cool - want to test the fighter too, as I hear it's rather noisy in a small quiet space but triggers like nothing else (and I'm never satisfied with any of the MPC style trigger buttons). Do you have the Fighter too?
No, only the Twister due to it's dual functionality of buttons and dials. I absolutely love this thing. It really allows you to assign a ton of controls.

kefkekeyser

07 Mar 2019

I'm searching for a good midi controller and the MIDI Fighter Twiser looks great.
Does the led feedback work with Reason 10? It's also possible to push the knobs, can you use this functionality in Reason?

dannyF

14 Jul 2020

I'm resurrecting this thread because I've just got the Fighter 3D. AWESOME feel.

I don't get along with most drum pads as they seem only to respond to heavy handedness. I prefer a light, very light touch to finger drumming. The midi Fighter is perfect for that. It is a bit loud and 'tappy' as was suggested earlier. Remember the 80's arcades? its that though the buttons are a bit smaller than what I remember of the arcades.

Lot's of fun. Most fun I've had with music in a while.
Last edited by dannyF on 14 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

dannyF

14 Jul 2020

Also got the Twister incoming as well. So I'll be bookmarking this thread. Thanks!

• Information