Grain "snap to beat" position, e.g. for beat loop mangling?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
stxlm

04 Sep 2018

I hope the subject made sense, or at least got your attention.

A - Imagine loading a two bar drum loop, and pressing a key repeatedly. Every time it retriggers, the start point is randomised to a beat division.

B - Or playing different keys, triggering different positions snapped to beat.

The sample position grid is divided into 32 squares, but the automation for start position is in percent. If it had been in 0-127, it would have been divisible by 32 - and automatable to a beat position! Wouldn't that have been lovely.

What I can think of is somehow using the Thor sequencer curve, set the play mode to random and step, and you have 16 positions to define and jump between. That solves scenario A.

I can't come up with anything for Scenario B. It would have been so cool to have that much control over pitch and timbre of a drum loop. Hello next gen drum n Bass!

Best I can do is draw crazy motion curves and record them one by one, then rex them or something.

Any ideas? Does my rambling make sense at all? I *am* pretty tired. Good night!

Loque

05 Sep 2018

Yep, Grain needs better control for beats and some sync functions, at least in the display.
Reason12, Win10

• Information