Why is Polar so damn slow?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Marco Raaphorst

02 Jul 2018

Reason doesn't have a nice pitch shifter that is fast and sounds clear. Polar on Fast setting is still slow and sounds totally wobbly when using it for example as an octave device for guitar. Any guitar multi fx processor can do that lightning fast and crystal clear.

Any RE which are superb? Please no wild guess, speak from experience!

djadalaide

02 Jul 2018

You mean its delayed? Its the nature of the device.

The best workaround i've found is to modify the original sound delay time to match the pitch shifters (if used), then use a TS-1 to dial back the time to match the rest of the music. No good for real-time though unless you use a reverb and its an after effect type thingy.

From what i remember the uhbik-g is pretty fast at pitch shifting, and maybe the kilohearts one as well.

moneykube

02 Jul 2018

djadalaide wrote:
02 Jul 2018

The best workaround i've found is to modify the original sound delay time to match the pitch shifters (if used), then use a TS-1 to dial back the time to match the rest of the music. No good for real-time though unless you use a reverb and its an after effect type thingy.

From what i remember the uhbik-g is pretty fast at pitch shifting, and maybe the kilohearts one as well.
kilohearts one is fast and simple
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Marco Raaphorst

02 Jul 2018

djadalaide wrote:
02 Jul 2018

or simply change the pitch of the audio track. but for live input things get tricky.

Loque

02 Jul 2018

Yea, Kilohearts is easy, quick, sounds good, does the job.same for the Frequency Shifter. I just wish they would have a bigger spectrum and more accurate control with cv (i think the Frequency Shifter is buggy here).

I always struggle with Polar...
Reason12, Win10

drloop

02 Jul 2018

”Polar is an old school harmonizing and pitch-shifter effect”

It works like the hardware I have used way back.

Reasonable man

02 Jul 2018

One of my fav devices. I think the latency is 24, 48 and 96ms depending if your in fast medium or slow modes and obviously the dry signal is the same for latency compensation. Its a drag to have to delay the original signal by this amount to use it effectivley but ...
It does the cv to buffer and buffer delay really well ( a close second to buffre imo) for glitch and by not delaying the dry signal it just creates some really cool delayed drum effects.
The wide vocal preset is my go to vocal effect...it tranforms a vocal like nothing else ive come across thus far.

djadalaide

02 Jul 2018

Djour M4M W/Eventide 910 Fermer du Polar oui!

• Information