How you use send effects

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
electricthing

24 Jun 2018

selig wrote:
24 Jun 2018

There’s a quick easy way to get these types of FX on sends in Reason, which is to flip the send channels (or returns) L/R. Then when you pan a sound hard left, the reverb/FX is automatically on the opposite side.

The fun with this approach is that you can send more than one channel to this FX just by panning the source. So one channel can pan left with the FX right, another right with the FX left or pan the sound center and have the FX center/stereo. Automating the pan can lead to even more interesting effects!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Will let that sink in and then try!

edit; it sunk :idea:

Reasonable man

24 Jun 2018

selig wrote:
24 Jun 2018
Reasonable man wrote:I know there's nothing new about this but i have been trying/experimenting with for eg. a synth sound and using a long reverb (maybe with saturation or gating or whatever...maybe not) but panning the original sound hard left and the send return mix channel hard right , You can get a ferocious 'big' sound that way.
I have not of yet tried to do a mix with these kind of effects but i'm guessing i would have to be carefull level and pahasing wise with this kind of effect but the thing thats undeniable is the sheer width that can be achieved this way :puf_smile:
This is a great way to spread mono sounds across a mix, also works for delays etc.

There’s a quick easy way to get these types of FX on sends in Reason, which is to flip the send channels (or returns) L/R. Then when you pan a sound hard left, the reverb/FX is automatically on the opposite side.

The fun with this approach is that you can send more than one channel to this FX just by panning the source. So one channel can pan left with the FX right, another right with the FX left or pan the sound center and have the FX center/stereo. Automating the pan can lead to even more interesting effects!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Cheers ha ha i would never have thought of that!

• Information