What kind of music production video do you want to see?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!

Which of these topics interest you?

How to design and sculpt your own sounds and effects to express your musical identity.
10%
How to compose inspired pieces and break through your writer's block.
6%
How to arrange and orchestrate a simple idea into a rich tapestry of musical juiciness.
14%
How to mix your songs with air, clarity, warmth, punch, depth and every other marketing-department buzzword.
16%
How to master your finished mixes for the best presentation, even on gas station earbuds plugged into an undead 2007 Zune.
10%
How to never watch another god-forsaken production tutorial again.
8%
LENGTH: Under 10 minutes.
10%
LENGTH: 10-30 minutes.
18%
LENGTH: 30-60 minutes.
6%

Total votes: 49
Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

Hey people! For the last 12 years, I've enjoyed composing music with Reason for the *exclusive* audience of myself and my friends. :roll: Well I feel it's time to challenge myself to grow not only horizontally but also as both as a musician and contributor to the community.

I'm preparing to record a series of Reason production tutorials on YouTube and I'd like to explore territory that would be interesting to both novice and experienced musicians alike. I'm obviously no guru but I'll try my best like Rudy from the film Rudy. Why not, it'll be fun!

So I'm putting out this poll to gauge interest in a variety of topics. I'd really appreciate it if you would take a second to vote on which things interest you and your preferred video length. Thank you in advance for your responses! :thumbs_up:

aeox
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

Maybe it would be best to start with where we can find examples of your work so we can decide if there is something we aspire towards and want to learn about your productions. Before selecting any option I feel that would be a big factor.

Welcome to the forum!

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

09 May 2018

aeox wrote:
08 May 2018
Maybe it would be best to start with where we can find examples of your work so we can decide if there is something we aspire towards and want to learn about your productions. Before selecting any option I feel that would be a big factor.

Welcome to the forum!
Sure, that's a fair suggestion. Here's my SoundCloud. Perhaps there's something that resonates with you among those. If not, thank you for engaging anyway. My work is my best, but by no means do I represent it as something for others to aspire towards. I just enjoy watching the creative process myself so I wanted to contribute more of that kind of content in a way that's interesting to people. Trying to be a bit less hermetic and share what I'm learning if it's valuable to anyone else.

And thank you for the welcome! I was more active on the old PUF under the username WeaponX323 back when we were exchanging crazy routing ideas and patches. Haven't posted as much these days since most of the intricate stuff we did is surpassed by REs and VSTs now.

ravisoni

12 May 2018

A tutorial on how you went about doing The Last would be super appreciated. Great stuff on your soundcloud!
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

BRIGGS

18 May 2018

How about a production video where you are using all the sounds that you have designed, to make an arrangement?
r11s

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

ravisoni wrote:A tutorial on how you went about doing The Last would be super appreciated. Great stuff on your soundcloud!
That’s doable! I wrote “The Last” four years ago on a computer that’s sadly down right now (PSA: Frequent backups are your friends), but I’m sure I could make a tutorial explaining the process. Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed it!

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

BRIGGS wrote:How about a production video where you are using all the sounds that you have designed, to make an arrangement?
Great idea! I’m working on some sound design as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information