Tempo mapping improvised note track

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
markh

08 May 2018

I know how to do tempo mapping of an audio track by disabling Stretch on the track and manually creating a transport track. I'd like to be able to do the same for an improvised note track, but there's no option to disable Stretch. Anybody got any advice? IMO, the next big feature Reason should add is a robust tempo mapping system. It's already a pain to map audio manually, and impossible(?) to temp map a note track. Any advice? Maybe I should dump it as raw midi into another program, do the mapping there, then dump it back into Reason? Thanks for any advice!

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

09 May 2018

The only other thing that comes to mind would be to bounce the region to audio and then proceed with the process you outline of disabling stretch on your new audio and manually adjusting the tempo track.

Another idea that just came to me would be to tap tempo to an approximate BPM for your performance, align the first note to the start position, then razor the region at the position where your playing enters a new section and alt/option click the new region border to stretch it and snap to the grid. This wouldn't change the whole song tempo though.

• Information