Stupid Question

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Reasonable man

18 Apr 2018

You Know when your trying to construct a track or get an idea down on a project that uses alot of effects (eg delay reverb , phase etc etc) and you hit stop in the trasport bar and theres an after- effects tail that lingers for possibly one or two bars after the stop button is hit?

Is there a way of recording just this tail?

I have tried just recording the effects tail of a given section by just connecting for eg an nn-xt's outputs into the sampling input of the mastering section and when the locator has passed a certian section i've sampled a given tail in time that way ......however i'm referring specifically to when the transport button is stopped (which gives a very differnt sounding tail )

Is there a way of recording/sampling for eg the end tail of a song when reason has stopped completley ... just the tail or artifacts that naturally occur as a result of this?

I did mention that it is a stupid question!

Jagwah

18 Apr 2018

Hey that's not a silly question, lots of people enjoy tackling people's Reason issues :)

You might be able to do something with Reason's hardware interface but personally for this I would just install Audacity (freeware) and record Reason with it.

Loque

18 Apr 2018

I often use only the fx tail. What i do is, bounce in place the loop, now on the new sample you have the tail "past" the loop, so just increase its length, cut the sample or increase the start of the sample.

If you are referring to some kind of glitchy stuff happening on stop...huu....dunno...external audio recording software if possible?
Reason12, Win10

Reasonable man

18 Apr 2018

OK Thanks guys i will try both these sugesstions. These kind of problems hurt my brain!

• Information