Kong Drum Designer: What for a drum synthesis?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
lfolch

08 Mar 2018

Hello,

although Kong Drum Designer has been a while around I am not getting the point about what "advanced drum sound synthesizer" really means.
I do not understand what the Synth Drum Modules really are about.
It seems to me that Analogue or FM drum synthesis are hidden (and may be manually realized and connected through Thor instances)

But what is implemented in the Synth Bass Drum and what for a benefit do I have instead of making myself a synthesized Kick in Thor manually?

Any link to existing tutorials/explanation would be appreciated since I did not find one which answers those questions.

Regards.

GRIFTY

10 Mar 2018

kicks are pretty simple to synthesize actually. i recommend going to the "reason 10 sounds" refill and browsing the drum instruments folders. there's a bunch of synth drum patches for all kinds of drums there

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2018

lfolch wrote:
08 Mar 2018
although Kong Drum Designer has been a while around I am not getting the point about what "advanced drum sound synthesizer" really means.
I'm guessing the 'advanced' either refers to the acoustic drum synthesis, or the fact that you can chain additional insert effects to sculpt your sound (or both).
lfolch wrote:
08 Mar 2018
But what is implemented in the Synth Bass Drum and what for a benefit do I have instead of making myself a synthesized Kick in Thor manually?
Think of it as a device of convenience. With Kong you get an insta-tweakable synthesized drums.

So while you may find lots of subtractor patches offering the same sounds, you are merely a few clicks away from the main synth drum sounds in Kong.

Data_Shrine

26 Mar 2018

You can also easily layer Analog Modeling and Physical Modeling drums with samples, rex loops... + all the effects. All in one module.

• Information