Connecting Reason to eurorack

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
thehipcola

06 Mar 2018

Hey folks - sorry if this has been posted before - I've searched all over the place , no luck.

I've got Reason 10, a nice little modular setup, an Expert Sleepers ES-3 ADAT connection to my Focusrite interface. In Reaktor I can get CV out to the modular via the ES-3. In Reason, I can't connect the CV outputs of devices to the channel on the hardware interface that corresponds to the ADAT channel - wrong connection type within reason. the hw interface only accepts audio connections.

How do you eurorack enabled folks get CV out of Reason into your modular?

Thanks for any help or links you can share for me! :)

Rob

Oquasec

06 Mar 2018

Does this apply to you?

If not I have no idea what you're trying to achieve.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

thehipcola

06 Mar 2018

Thanks for the video!

It's definitely in the same area I'm looking for, only this is for MIDI synths/hardware... where I'm looking to use CV from Reason to drive CV inputs on my modular.

I've got a MIDI-CV module on my modular, so the approach in the video would work for one set of pitch/gate signals via MIDI output from Reason, but I'm interested in up to 8 signals (LFO's, envelopes, clock functions etc..)

Thanks again though!

4filegate

07 Mar 2018

DIY eurorack CLK / RST generator for Ableton LINK No question is how the situation has improved. Considering the signal is coming via WLAN.
SPINK0 is a patchwork from shaduzlabs pink-0, a CLK / RESET generator based on the Rasperry Pi Zero W. I don't like a fixed tempo!

emilng

07 Mar 2018

Probably the lowest hassle way to do what you're looking for would be to use https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... io-bundle/ to go straight between your modular and Reason. This is just for non-pitch CV data. If you want pitch tracking you should use https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... ontroller/

You can also convert CV to audio using Thor as shown in this video

If you have Reaktor 6 in standalone mode you can use the external midi instrument from Reason to send CC through Reaktor 6 Virtual Input. If you create a Macro Knobs block you can have it receive a different MIDI CC message on each knob through the connect panel and send that out to your modular. If you want to send note data you can also use the external midi instrument in Reason and the Note In block in Reaktor to receive that note info. Connect the Note In block to a Pitch CV Out block in Reaktor to get accurate pitch tracking out to your modular. This is how I send note and CV data from Reason to my modular.

thehipcola

07 Mar 2018

Thanks for these suggestions folks - MUCH appreciated. I'll check into them and report back.

Best,
Rob

thehipcola

08 Mar 2018

Stoked to report that the CV i/o rack extension was exactly what I needed - huge thanks Emilng!! And thanks to everyone who chimed in - much appreciated!!!

Rob

• Information