exporting wavs for mixdown by engineer

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
grizelda

24 Feb 2018

hello all, friends

sorry for this question but would love to get some quick helps- i am having a project mix down by a professional. he has asked me to send wav with all eq and plugs in place to his drop box at same bitdepth and sample rate. i dont not now the information for this thing. i think the sample rate is 44.1 and bitdepth 16 for all my projects..

can anyone please tell me is best way to do export of all channels (including 16 kongs routed each pad to mixer channel) as wavs is the bounce mixer channels? do i then need to set the sample rate and bit depth at this export?

thank you so much for any heklp

griz

motuscott

24 Feb 2018

Bounce mixer channels is the way to go
You can bounce 24 bit 44.1K and once you set it (on a mac) you just hit return to repeat the settings (WAV & bit rate)
Keep it mono unless it needs to be stereo
This will take a bit of trial & error. I have a system but it's made for the way I work.
Others here know more about tech specs than me

with reason all things are possible.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

PhillipOrdonez

24 Feb 2018

grizelda wrote:
24 Feb 2018
hello all, friends

sorry for this question but would love to get some quick helps- i am having a project mix down by a professional. he has asked me to send wav with all eq and plugs in place to his drop box at same bitdepth and sample rate. i dont not now the information for this thing. i think the sample rate is 44.1 and bitdepth 16 for all my projects..

can anyone please tell me is best way to do export of all channels (including 16 kongs routed each pad to mixer channel) as wavs is the bounce mixer channels? do i then need to set the sample rate and bit depth at this export?

thank you so much for any heklp

griz
As stated, use the bounce mixer channel option, select all tracks, make sure to set it to 24 bit!

grizelda

24 Feb 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Feb 2018
grizelda wrote:
24 Feb 2018
As stated, use the bounce mixer channel option, select all tracks, make sure to set it to 24 bit!
thank you friend :)

grizelda

24 Feb 2018

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Feb 2018
grizelda wrote:
24 Feb 2018
thank you for the help sir

PhillipOrdonez

24 Feb 2018

grizelda wrote:
24 Feb 2018
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
24 Feb 2018

thank you for the help sir
No worries

grizelda

25 Feb 2018

motuscott wrote:
24 Feb 2018
hello man

can u tell a bit more what you meant about this? i have some mono and stereo channels in my project. i have to biunce with everything in place include fader levels so my only option is to exports with "all setting applied" which will export in stereo. otherwise to bounce with no fader and pan does not fit the instrucion ffrom my engineer who asked for eq/plugs/vol in place". darn this is hard! sorry man

motuscott

25 Feb 2018

No expert here but:
Some things don't need a stereo field like bass guitar or maybe a tamborine part. Record these in mono and you can place them more precisely in the mix.
My role here on the forum is more of an asshole nature, we have people here who know actual facts, you should try to get them involved
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

selig
RE Developer

26 Feb 2018

grizelda wrote:
motuscott wrote:
24 Feb 2018
hello man

can u tell a bit more what you meant about this? i have some mono and stereo channels in my project. i have to biunce with everything in place include fader levels so my only option is to exports with "all setting applied" which will export in stereo. otherwise to bounce with no fader and pan does not fit the instrucion ffrom my engineer who asked for eq/plugs/vol in place". darn this is hard! sorry man
What is the reason to export fader levels if the track are going to be mixed by another engineer?

I would think a mix engineer would want the raw audio files. Think: “multi-track” here. When you send a song to be mixed you don’t send YOUR mix choices - you want the mix engineer to make those decisions as regarding EQ and compression.

Speaking for myself, I would never want files with mix EQ/Compression/panning/levels applied. Maybe your mix engineer specifically requested this, which means you’re doing exactly what you should be doing - but if not, you can make their job easier by sending the ‘raw’ tracks with none of your mixing decisions “baked in” to the files.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

grizelda

26 Feb 2018

selig wrote:
26 Feb 2018
grizelda wrote:
What is the reason to export fader levels if the track are going to be mixed by another engineer?

I would think a mix engineer would want the raw audio files. Think: “multi-track” here. When you send a song to be mixed you don’t send YOUR mix choices - you want the mix engineer to make those decisions as regarding EQ and compression.

Speaking for myself, I would never want files with mix EQ/Compression/panning/levels applied. Maybe your mix engineer specifically requested this, which means you’re doing exactly what you should be doing - but if not, you can make their job easier by sending the ‘raw’ tracks with none of your mixing decisions “baked in” to the files.

hi selig thank you for the advice, I always like to hear you thoughts. in this instance the engineer is mixing my project in his down time, at a cheaper rate than his usual price (almost 50% cheaper!). which I think is why he wants everything post except vocal stems as it will save him time and for me the project is just to seen how one of my song will sound with a professional touch but does not need to be ready for radio or anything just sharing to social and friends

Thank u for the help

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk

• Information