Can I view the notes of one track while writing the notes of another?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
DoctoralHermit

29 Dec 2017

I'd like to place the midi track lanes of two instruments side by side so I can consider the notes of one while drawing the notes of another. After Googling around, it doesn't seem possible, but I can't fathom how such a basic feature could be overlooked. How can I compose something with multiple instruments without being able to see the notes of the other instruments?

esselfortium

29 Dec 2017

Unfortunately this isn't an option. A lot of us are hoping it'll be added.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Loque

29 Dec 2017

Make a feature request to PH
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

30 Dec 2017

One thing you can do on a per note basis is highlight a note in a clip, press 'p' on PC, to loop the note, then exit the clip and open your other clip and the loop markers will show the start and end point of that one note from the last clip.

demt

30 Dec 2017

Copy and paste the notes into the lane work Around them with the new notes is sorta 1/2 of what you asked for
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

DoctoralHermit

31 Dec 2017

Thank you everyone! I really hope PH adds this feature.

Creativemind

31 Dec 2017

esselfortium wrote:
29 Dec 2017
Unfortunately this isn't an option. A lot of us are hoping it'll be added.

I'll second that. Ghost notes like FL Studio. Also, which I did't know till recently, the ghost notes are editable from within another clip in FL Studio too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

31 Dec 2017

demt wrote:
30 Dec 2017
Copy and paste the notes into the lane work Around them with the new notes is sorta 1/2 of what you asked for
Might not work though as some of the notes might be in the exact same place (if you have a lead riff and a pad sound say) which would cause more issues. Even having the option to mute notes would help in this situation. Copy and paste the notes to the said clip, then mute them.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

DoctoralHermit

31 Dec 2017

I just sent a feature request to PH! I encourage you all to do the same, and hopefully we'll see this included sometime :)

-008'

31 Dec 2017

Here is the best way that i have figured out how to do this.

1. The clip you are tuning "to" goes UNDER the clip you are tuning.

2. Clip you are tuning (ON TOP) has to be muted.

You WILL be able to hear the muted blue notes you are editing, IF you have "trigger notes while editing" checked in preferences.

Not ideal, and not quite FL ghost notes, but surely the fastest and easiest way that I have found. I hope that helps!
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

• Information