VCV RACK - Setting up with Reason

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
AttenuationHz

11 Jan 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:
11 Jan 2018
AttenuationHz wrote:
11 Jan 2018

You don't use EMI/LoopMIDI or similar directly? Any benefit to that?
Don't know if there's a benefit as such, beyond the fact that I get to use my interfaces audio driver (and virtual mix console). Other times when I've tried to use third party drivers, I end up not having access to all my physical inputs. This way I just get to use the interface like normal and sample it into Reason, either on an audio track or into Grain, NN, etc. by line input. Seems the most elegant solution to me but of course, it requires two interfaces. If you don't already have that...well I dunno. I'd still say it's worth getting one! Cheaper than buying an actual Eurorack still haha. My secondary interface is a KA6. Amazing little card.
I have 4 mono aux outs on the 2i4 might try this only 2 ins though will have to get a couple of adapters. I think outputs 1/2 are doubled as the monitor outs so really only output 3/4 can be looped without feedback from the source selection.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

11 Jan 2018

That works a treat alright managed to dig 2 broken cables out of a basket and splice them together. Will find it much easy now being able to visualise what is wrong with a kick and what to adjust.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

11 Jan 2018

Hmm strange is output 3 + 4 on the VCV audio device backwards (3 is 4, 4 is 3). Had to double check my cables thought I wired them wrong they are fine though. Out 3 on my 2i4 goes to input 2, 4 to input 1 have to cross them over but they are 100% wired correct two mono's stuck together... :)

AttenuationHz

12 Jan 2018

Started using the second output on the Audio card into the inputs of the same audio card (loopback) if you have a second external soundcard you could do it that way also. Might hook up my second card Mbox 2 mini (retired). getting a lot of clicks coming from VCV, I think, or Reason/both. There is no way to record OBS with ASIO and using the windows driver for the audio card does not use the ins plus has terrible performance.

If only Reason allowed you to use a separate card for your inputs/recording then there would be no trouble getting the audio in.

Was looking into Voice meter Banana there today this virtual audio cable thing is annoying nothing but feedback from that and Reason sadly will not pick up its virtual aux. There is another program called O'Deas Asio Link but I think the developer dropped support for it and the website has stopped purchases also. You simulate linking the cables with your mouse in that one. Had that setup in a demo a couple years ago but the demo's audio drops out every 25 seconds or something. There is also one other virtual audio thing Rogue Amoeba - Airfoil iirc correctly.

Voice meters latency is way too much!

AttenuationHz

13 Jan 2018

You know if you could select a different recording device in Reason other than the Playback/Record there would be no problem sending audio virtually. The only way I think you can send 8 track audio is with an 8 in 10 out (min Out 9/10 as your Monitors) interface atm or use the ReaRoute to route the audio to Reaper and ReWire Reason from Reaper to send CV to VCV. Reaper uses the VST's Reason can send the gate/note you still use Reasons sequencer and control the transport in Reaper/Reason.

If you have a second interface there would be a way to send the audio and CV respectively provided and only if you could choose a different recording device in Reason. Using Voice Meter Banana's virtual ASIO for one but the latency is crazy with that there is probably a better option. ReaRoute would probably work also if you could choose a different recording device.

Is there any VST's that take inputs and let you choose a different audio device as the output? That might work you send the Reason's Master into the VST and use banana ASIO in reason choose your audio device in the VST bingo.

• Information