How can I pitch correct an entire audio sample in Reason 10?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
DoctoralHermit

16 Dec 2017

Hello! I have Reason 10, with the Synths and Mix rig. If I have an audio sample, how can I pitch correct it? Grain will pitch correct it to some extent, although if different notes are played within the sample, they still sound as different pitches. Is there a way to pitch correct the entirety of the sample so that it is all one note?

WongoTheSane

16 Dec 2017

Try this:

- Drag the sample in the sequencer.
- Open it with Pitch Edit.
- Select All (Ctrl-A on PC).
- Press Delete on your keyboard. This will "merge" all segments into one.
- Drag the Pitch Variation handle (see gif) down.

Now everything is at the same pitch.
pitchedit.gif
pitchedit.gif (683.47 KiB) Viewed 2907 times

DoctoralHermit

17 Dec 2017

For some reason, when I load up the sample and go to pitch edit mode, the waveforms don't appear to span many keys like in your gif, but rather they are confined within the C2 key. When I slide the little white bubble down, nothing changes visually or in the sound... the sample still hits many different notes.

WongoTheSane

17 Dec 2017

What kind of sample is it? Is it vocal or something else?

DoctoralHermit

17 Dec 2017

It's a music sample in, I'm pretty sure, mp4 format. It's about 15 seconds long and has a lot of different notes/pitches

selig
RE Developer

17 Dec 2017

DoctoralHermit wrote:It's a music sample in, I'm pretty sure, mp4 format. It's about 15 seconds long and has a lot of different notes/pitches
Reason can only tune monophonic material, like a solo/dry vocal as one specific example of what it is designed for. Sounds like maybe you’re trying to tune polyphonic material, and reason is seeing this as a “drum” track (which is why there’s a limited pitch range)?

What is the desired end result/use case for what you’re trying to do? Maybe there’s another way to achieve it in Reason - and if not, you’ll have to do this outside of Reason, sorry to say!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

DoctoralHermit

18 Dec 2017

Yes, I think what I'm trying to tune would be considered "Polyphonic." I'm honestly not sure what I was intending to achieve, I was just experimenting! Haha

EdGrip

19 Dec 2017

Vocoder?

• Information