Reason Essentials 10 Audio Recording Question

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
betawave

25 Nov 2017

Hi,

Im new having been a Reason 3.5 user way back so I am not familiar with the audio recording abilities of the newer version. That stated I own Reason Essentials 10.

I would like to set up a few synths and drum machine loops and record live to an audio track(stereo) within Reason.

So I have say 3 synth loops with chords, bass I have played live using VSTs in Reason and a re-drum with a 16 bar loop.

I want to have Reason capture audio running from the instruments in a live capture setting. So I am triggering the loops in and out while Reason is recording the audio. I do want the ability to record as much or as little live audio as possible.

When I mean live its only live "within" the Reason environment not from an outside source. Sort of do live improvisations.

Can anyone throw some pointers my way?

BTW Im on a Mac Book Pro.

Thanks!
Greg

dustiraw

25 Nov 2017

Hey! I'm trying to understand your question..... you are saying you want to do live performance-like work and record the performance itself, correct? Do you just want it on one track or do you want to have each signal/instrument/effect on its own?
Dusti Miraglia
Sound D-Sine Music
https://LearnSoundDSine.com
Dusti@LearnSoundDsine.com
Check out the blog I run over at https://unison.audio/blog/ for extensive In-depth production related lessons and tutorials!

betawave

25 Nov 2017

Hi,

Yes exactly a performance captures as a long form audio recording using the loops I program in Reason.

As an example in a live hardware setting having a few synths midi'ed to an ext. hardware sequencer and recording the audio of that into a stereo or multiple input stereo mix on a recording device. So I am triggering the audio/midi loops live directly into a recording. Sort of spontaneous live recording.

It can be a stereo mix or each VST having its own effects. I havn't the slightest idea how to do this all in Reason. I know how to set up instruments etc but when it comes to a live audio recording in Reason I am clueless.

• Information