Editing Redrum Gate out for hardware sequencing?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
seqoi

16 Nov 2017

Hello!

I am slowly trying to connect my hardware gear in to reason and trying to learn to use Reason to sequence (after 3 months of playing with REs hehe).

One question. I want to use Redrum for sequencing my drums on hardware module. Example Redrum Drum 1 Gate out. I connect it to MIDI out module and fine it plays. But it plays one specific note.

Is there any tool on the RE market (or even in Reason) which can remap that Gate out to the note i select it to ? So Redrum Drum 1 Gate out for example won't spit out C1 note it will play C2 (just example)

Is my question clear enough or should i post a diagram or something (asking cause i am non english speaker)..

AttenuationHz

17 Nov 2017

seqoi wrote:
16 Nov 2017
Hello!

I am slowly trying to connect my hardware gear in to reason and trying to learn to use Reason to sequence (after 3 months of playing with REs hehe).

One question. I want to use Redrum for sequencing my drums on hardware module. Example Redrum Drum 1 Gate out. I connect it to MIDI out module and fine it plays. But it plays one specific note.

Is there any tool on the RE market (or even in Reason) which can remap that Gate out to the note i select it to ? So Redrum Drum 1 Gate out for example won't spit out C1 note it will play C2 (just example)

Is my question clear enough or should i post a diagram or something (asking cause i am non english speaker)..
The EMI device. Check out page 898 of the manual tells you all you need to know.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Catblack

17 Nov 2017

Try this combi. The note values are set from 2 CV8x4s. The gate from a ReDrum. You will need to set each EMI to your midi device.
Attachments
Redrum to EMI.zip
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

dioxide

17 Nov 2017

I think this is what you are looking for:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7504167

seqoi

17 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
17 Nov 2017

The EMI device. Check out page 898 of the manual tells you all you need to know.
I honestly apologize i don't know what is EMI device. I searched in props shop for EMI but it returned zero result. Sorry for being noob.

Any link?

seqoi

17 Nov 2017

dioxide wrote:
17 Nov 2017
I think this is what you are looking for:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7504167
Wow this could be exactly what i am looking for.

Thanks for all suggestions. You are all wonderful :D

AttenuationHz

17 Nov 2017

seqoi wrote:
17 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
17 Nov 2017

I honestly apologize i don't know what is EMI device. I searched in props shop for EMI but it returned zero result. Sorry for being noob.

Any link?
It is a native device Right click the Rack > Instruments > Reason Devices > External MIDI Instrument. Added from version 7 iirc.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

seqoi

17 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
17 Nov 2017
seqoi wrote:
17 Nov 2017

Any link?
It is a native device Right click the Rack > Instruments > Reason Devices > External MIDI Instrument. Added from version 7 iirc.
Ah yes sorry. Ok will read on it. TM-1 seems kinda like exactly what i was looking for. Demo is running and is just fine. Will look into EMI devices.

Cheers

Catblack

17 Nov 2017

seqoi wrote:
17 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
17 Nov 2017

Ah yes sorry. Ok will read on it. TM-1 seems kinda like exactly what i was looking for. Demo is running and is just fine. Will look into EMI devices.

Cheers
Do try the combinator I posted. You will need to set your midi output port for each of the External Midi Instruments (because the combinator format saves the EMI with whatever midi output port *I* have from on my system.) There are 10 of them, and you'd have to set the CV8x4s to the midi note number, but in this instance you wouldn't need the TM-1 multiplexer because the entire combinator works to take all 10 gate signals and output them into one midi stream.

(Though of course if you want to use TM-1, do. It's on sale right now.)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Data_Shrine

26 Nov 2017

Catblack wrote:
17 Nov 2017
seqoi wrote:
17 Nov 2017

Cheers
Do try the combinator I posted. You will need to set your midi output port for each of the External Midi Instruments (because the combinator format saves the EMI with whatever midi output port *I* have from on my system.) There are 10 of them, and you'd have to set the CV8x4s to the midi note number, but in this instance you wouldn't need the TM-1 multiplexer because the entire combinator works to take all 10 gate signals and output them into one midi stream.

(Though of course if you want to use TM-1, do. It's on sale right now.)
Thank you for the Combi. Will try it out with the Electribe 2 when I have some time :)

• Information