T&T Beginners guide to EMI and Midi LoopBack in Reason

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2017

A beginners guide setting up EMI to a Midi Loopback to a Control Surface in Reason.

Setup:

Midi Loopback software loopMidi
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html (Windows)

If you are using different Midi loopback software please comment what it is and where you can get it from (Windows or Mac), also what text editor you are using and I will add them to the list above, thank you.

Setting up Midi ports (loopback) of a Mac.

The IAC bus allows you to create any number of virtual MIDI buses. This driver is built-in to OS X (since OS X 10.4) and can be activated in the Audio/MIDI Setup Utility.

To begin, launch Audio/MIDI Setup and select "Show MIDI Window" from the "Window" menu.

Now double-click the IAC Driver icon and check the option "Device is online" in order to activate it.

Add the ports you need from within this window.

To see a full list of my tips and tricks please see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Information