PoohBears T&T List.

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2017

Mini Modular Series.

Part's 1 to 13 plus bonus stuff

viewtopic.php?p=504772

Beginners guide to Kompulsion..
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7520964

Getting creative with Kompulsion..
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7520977

Korde or Propulsion data to main Seq. + bonus tips

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7516646

Delta, the complete guide

Looking at Delta all the nodes inside Delta and using them in patches.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7514505

Just ONE Polystep Seq. driving the track..

and a break down on how to make your own mini track..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7514513

Making Wavetables out of pictures.

As the title states, making wavetables out of pictures.

T&T The correct way of setting up Sidechaining on the master Compressor.

Props released a video a while ago (about 4 years) where the way they set it up was incorrect. The principal of the video was good, just the setup was wrong.
As the Props video (and other people have been using that setup incorrectly) is doing the rounds again, I felt a video explained it a lot clearer than just words of the correct way to set it up.

Just to clarify the part in the video when showing the test signal, with the inserts pre the compressor, turning the sidechain on or off should result in the same result as it is the same signal being applied to both (in the real world it would be a different signal).

Props Video can be found here.

T&T All about the Envelope Followers in Reason.

How many Envelope Followers do you know about in Reason, this is a complete breakdown of all followers and examples of how to use them.
00:00 Intro
01:38 What is a Env. Followers.
02:06 Followers available in Reason
02:06 Scream
02:43 Pulveriser
03:07 Mclass Comp.
03:40 Neptune
04:07 BV512
05:18 RE 180
06:08 How I setup the Followers
08:40 The Followers in action.
11:15 What makes a good Follower.
15:22 How to use an audio sound (Drum beat) and control a RP Punch DB with it.
20:30 Using an audio signal to control a Reason via CV device.
24:50 Poohbear using an open Mic to input audio to control Reason Devices.
29:20 Looking at the followers in more details, min and max values etc.
37:00 The time it takes to convert the audio into the CV Follower signal.
40:00 Looking at the latency in more details.

Dropbox download location, sub folder Followers, there is PDF about the CV and db rates they work at, also there is a patch which holds all the Followers and once loaded you can input your audio signal and take the CV feeds out..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i86l6urj74wo ... 6eSaa?dl=0

T&T Automatically stopping the song at the end song marker.

Automatically stopping the song at the end song marker and also a punch in and punch out tip.

Beginners guide to EMI and Midi Loopbacks can be found further down this list..

T&T My Monitoring Chain and connecting it up.

Some people have asked about my monitoring chain they see in my video's so I talk about that and a coupe of different ways to connect it up.
I also demonstrate using the chain for sound design.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7511031

T&T Quick Tip Drum Seq Pattern Snap to Grid.

Question came up: "I would like to record pattern changes via automation. I want to record these changes live via controller/mouse whatever, essential to me. While automating this is possible, automatically snapping the recorded clip position to grid (16h, quarter, halfnote, bar) is not."

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7508217

T&T Using Kong as a toggle switch

Question came up that someone was using Kong but had very long samples (over 50 seconds) which Kong cuts out.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7508034

T&T Quick Tip Alligator to Seq for Redrum

Question was asked "I've Redrum being triggered by Alligator. How can I get the CV events sent from Alligator transform into notes in the track?"

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7507554

Setting up Midi Controllers in Reason with a twist
A question was asked about one of my video where I was using more than one controller and each controlling different devices, I also added to the video about setting up the same controller twice for nice effects...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7507397

3 Quick tips for the new Drum Seq.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7507297

T&T How to make patch changes on the fly

T&T How to Skip values when using an external controller.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7506488

T&T CV - Midi automation, RE's and VST's
Food for thought video, not really training but some ideas of how to do automation in a slightly different way for RE's and VST's.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7504435

T&T Beginners guide to EMI and Midi LoopBack in Reason 

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7504034

T&T How to automatically make ALT-Tracks while running a loop.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503908

T&T CV 1 In 8 Out but not your standard splitting

A question was asked " So Robotic Bean has a gem of a utility that I frequently abuse (Select CV Switch), but I can't seem to locate one for the inverse. (1 in, 8 outs with a selector, etc) "

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503782

T&T ProPulsion to Seq.

A question came up " Propultion Drum sequencer, Awesome to program quick drums, why did they not include a way to drop the midi we do to the sequencer. Is there any alternative way to getting these notes to the sequencer anyone ,"

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503735

T & T How to convert Audio to Mono and Audio to Midi

Thought I had already posted this but it looks like I did not. This Video touches on converting an Audio Track to Mono. It also goes through converting a Audio track to Midi and some of the problems you may encounter..

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7502740

T & T How to record CV Data to Midi and convert Midi data to CV

This original question came from someone who was looking for away to record trigger data to midi.. The following video is a solution to that question

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7502738

T & T How to setup CV to control the tempo.

This original question came from someone who was looking for away to control the tempo via CV for live playing. The following video is a solution to that question.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7501987
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 03 Jan 2021, edited 16 times in total.

Sorped

28 Oct 2017

Good stuff!

I think that if there's a continuing output of these T&Ts, this thread should be a sticky!
Alio Modo: SoundCloud
-----------
Born to lose, live to win.
Don't forget to back up your projects! :thumbs_up:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Nov 2017

Sorped wrote:
28 Oct 2017
Good stuff!

I think that if there's a continuing output of these T&Ts, this thread should be a sticky!
Thank you for saying so.

Also new guide added.

arqui

05 Nov 2017

wow good work carly!!!!
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

decoder

13 Nov 2017

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
These are awesome tutorials! Thank you!!!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2017

decoder wrote:
13 Nov 2017
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
These are awesome tutorials! Thank you!!!
You are welcome new one added... :)

ravisoni

16 May 2018

This is some really good stuff. Thank you!
:reason: Reason 10 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 May 2018

ravisoni wrote:
16 May 2018
This is some really good stuff. Thank you!
Glad they could be of use or give ideas.

I have add a couple more to the list.

Reasonable man

19 May 2018

Hi Poobear i have a video request!
I have bought a Nektar P6 since january but only getting around to working my way around it now (Its a very different workflow).
There is a Nektar Thread on the reasontalk forum with hundreds of remote maps for rack extensions etc . The problem is i dont know how to set these maps up or where to put them. There is a link on their website here http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... tegory=21c which to someone like me is as vauge as it gets.

There is also an article on propellerheads
https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/tag/remote

I have a mac so it advises using TextEdit or Excel . I'm embarraesd to say that i have never had reason to use either.
Personally i find these articles are a tad on the dry side and they go under the asumption that the reader has some basic knowledge of maps, codecs, and spreadsheets and so fouth which is fustrating. Tbf to most members here this stuff is straight forward and basic enough but to me its akin to learning a whole new language .

If there was a a visual way of showing this process of taking a map from the neckar thread, putting it in some sort of note pad and copying and pasting it wherever it needs to go i think i'd be good to go with this but i cant find a video on Youtube that actually goes through these basic steps. This would be a tediously boring video to do and i appreciate that ..... Its a request if you will for a niche audiance (ha ha).
The videos are cool .. i even managed to download Soundflower and have gotten it to work as a midiloopback program for automation and coverting midi to cv and vice versa. Cheers.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 May 2018

Reasonable man wrote:
19 May 2018
Hi Poobear i have a video request!
I have bought a Nektar P6 since january but only getting around to working my way around it now (Its a very different workflow).
There is a Nektar Thread on the reasontalk forum with hundreds of remote maps for rack extensions etc . The problem is i dont know how to set these maps up or where to put them. There is a link on their website here http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... tegory=21c which to someone like me is as vauge as it gets.

There is also an article on propellerheads
https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/tag/remote

I have a mac so it advises using TextEdit or Excel . I'm embarraesd to say that i have never had reason to use either.
Personally i find these articles are a tad on the dry side and they go under the asumption that the reader has some basic knowledge of maps, codecs, and spreadsheets and so fouth which is fustrating. Tbf to most members here this stuff is straight forward and basic enough but to me its akin to learning a whole new language .

If there was a a visual way of showing this process of taking a map from the neckar thread, putting it in some sort of note pad and copying and pasting it wherever it needs to go i think i'd be good to go with this but i cant find a video on Youtube that actually goes through these basic steps. This would be a tediously boring video to do and i appreciate that ..... Its a request if you will for a niche audiance (ha ha).
The videos are cool .. i even managed to download Soundflower and have gotten it to work as a midiloopback program for automation and coverting midi to cv and vice versa. Cheers.
Hi, Yes I can do a video however when I will have time I'm not sure also I only use Windows, in the meantime have a look at the following thread, a lot shorter and the instructions for installing is in the first post.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed Nektar latest updates as they have updated the Codec and it's a simple EXE to run.

Once you have done that, then it is a simple case of copying over the new mapping file (you just need panarama.remotemap) from the dropbox to the map directory (//Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar), restart your P6 and should be good to go.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7504913

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Reasonable man

19 May 2018

cool thanks

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2018

Updated.
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 09 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2018

Awesome stuff, also your vid in the player challenge pulverized all others!! Stick to a pro section? So much over ride for a normal guy!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2018

Re8et wrote:
04 Jun 2018
Awesome stuff, also your vid in the player challenge pulverized all others!! Stick to a pro section? So much over ride for a normal guy!
Well done to you too for winning...

**Updated**

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2018

*Updated*

mon

21 Jul 2018

Thanks for the great tips and tricks :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2018

Help please...I'm trying to map two drum sequencers to all the 16 pads in Kong. When I click on browse patches to find the templates described in the tutorial I'm only getting a list of about 20 patterns. I'm missing something I know but I can't find the templates or I'm presing the wrong button. Can someone please tell me? Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2018

MrFigg wrote:
21 Jul 2018
Help please...I'm trying to map two drum sequencers to all the 16 pads in Kong. When I click on browse patches to find the templates described in the tutorial I'm only getting a list of about 20 patterns. I'm missing something I know but I can't find the templates or I'm presing the wrong button. Can someone please tell me? Thanks.
Scratch that...found it :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

wireless

21 Jul 2018

:clap: Thanks Carly,

Really appreciate that you spent all this time helping us mortals! Personally I'm seriously underweight in understanding the midi side of Reason, and so some of these are a big help.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2018

wireless wrote:
21 Jul 2018
:clap: Thanks Carly,

Really appreciate that you spent all this time helping us mortals! Personally I'm seriously underweight in understanding the midi side of Reason, and so some of these are a big help.
You're welcome...

List has been updated.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2018

Updated

challism

06 Dec 2018

I made this sticky. Sorry it wasn't done earlier. Really great work here, Carly. Thank you!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2018

challism wrote:
06 Dec 2018
I made this sticky. Sorry it wasn't done earlier. Really great work here, Carly. Thank you!
Cheers for that... :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2019

3 new Tips and Tricks added.

T&T The correct way of setting up Sidechaining on the master Compressor.

T&T All about the Envelope Followers in Reason.

T&T Automatically stopping the song at the end song marker.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2019

Updated with several new tutorials and tips...
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 09 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

• Information