Reason Sound design, 16 day course on YT !

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
RandyEspoda

11 Oct 2017

Hydlide from reasonexperts.com is going to give an in depth course on sound design on Youtube.
If you're still in the learning process, like me, or just like these kind of things,
be sure to check it out on his youtube channel 'reasonexperts'.

I like the way he vlogs and the things he brings to the table regarding the inside outs of reason.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (215.33 KiB) Viewed 3741 times

https://www.reasonexperts.com/october-s ... kshop.html

Psuper

13 Oct 2017

I'll appreciate it. Been making sounds and music for 35 years and I always pick up something new here and there that sticks with vids like this.

Looking forward to it!
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

brand

13 Oct 2017

I like that! I'm trying to become a synth geek myself. Going to try to check that out.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2017

cheers for the heads up...

Majestik Monkey

15 Oct 2017

That will be very interesting IMO ,

Hydlide usually goes right into the small details which can be overlooked so easy !
Apart from the fact that he knows Reason inside out :thumbs_up:

lakinlakin

15 Oct 2017

He is the best.

BRIGGS

15 Oct 2017

He's good, I'll give him that.

Just don't be some random guy on the internet, asking questions. Unless you like being insulted for not knowing something about Reason.

If you're going to ask him questions, you need to be an 'expert' and already know everything.
r11s

willowman

15 Oct 2017

top bloke, I like the way he says 'thing' a lot.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

motuscott

15 Oct 2017

BRIGGS wrote:
15 Oct 2017
Unless you like being insulted for not knowing something about Reason.
hee hee. No one said it was going to be easy.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Electric-Metal

15 Oct 2017

motuscott wrote:
15 Oct 2017
BRIGGS wrote:
15 Oct 2017
:lol:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

RandyEspoda

15 Oct 2017

Justy a heads up guys, tonight is the first day of this ...have no clue what time though.

The thing with butting heads with the guy, is that if he's sure about something, and you try to convince him otherwise while he knows you're essentially wrong, you'll eventually piss him off and get a head-but. Never take it personally though cause it never is...the issue i believe is that through his website and articles and then on discord and stuff, he likes to be close to people, and people like to be close to him,...and sometimes that can get a bit carried away which is pretty normal...
Other than that I have never known an instance where he was unwilling to help out another, no matter what the issue may be...he always tries.
Plus consider all the things he's done over the years, all for free. His refill(s) ? 5+ gigs of material, all for free. Hundreds of video's, articles, patches...all for free.
Now this course, again fully free...

I love the guy for what he does, and we would all agree his way of vlogging is very likeable.

Electric-Metal

15 Oct 2017

BRIGGS wrote:
15 Oct 2017
Just don't be some random guy on the internet, asking questions. Unless you like being insulted for not knowing something about Reason.
Can't agree on this. He made a YT video about the GQ7 which was requested by me, and there's no insulting at all. Indeed I'm mentioned in the description and he also thanks me during the video, so there's that. ;)

But yes, he can be harsh at times, but then again, that's the internet I guess.

RandyEspoda

15 Oct 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
15 Oct 2017

Exactly ;)

Gorgon

15 Oct 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
15 Oct 2017
He's also Dutch (like me), we have this way of being a little too direct. :D

Anyway, watching the Thor oscillator tutorial, fantastic stuff. But is he on medication or something? He sounds a bit slurred.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Electric-Metal

15 Oct 2017

Gorgon wrote:
15 Oct 2017
watching the Thor oscillator tutorial, fantastic stuff.
Agreed, I rarely get my head around technical stuff by reading. But, to me, this visual presentation already clarified a few things.

Gorgon

15 Oct 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
15 Oct 2017
Gorgon wrote:
15 Oct 2017
watching the Thor oscillator tutorial, fantastic stuff.
Agreed, I rarely get my head around technical stuff by reading. But, to me, this visual presentation already clarified a few things.
Yeah. I mean, I know what an oscillator is, what it does, but how Hydlide explains it, it's like oohhhh so THAT is how it REALLY works.

Unfortunately, this kind of in depth explanation isn't going to draw huge crowds. How many modern day bedroom producers actually sit down and tinker with sound?
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Electric-Metal

15 Oct 2017

Gorgon wrote:
15 Oct 2017
Unfortunately, this kind of in depth explanation isn't going to draw huge crowds. How many modern day bedroom producers actually sit down and tinker with sound?
Only god knows (if there is one :think: )
I for myself prefer to know what I'm doing instead of screwing a cool sound by accident. Which is what I happen to do most of the times :puf_bigsmile:

Reasonable man

15 Oct 2017

Hydlide is cool will watch this ........(why not...it is an option to do so)

If i were Propellerhead i'd just give him free upgrades and Re's for life. But i don't think they give him much free stuff at all which is an abomination if it's true!

RandomSkratch

15 Oct 2017

Gorgon wrote:
Electric-Metal wrote:
15 Oct 2017
He's also Dutch (like me), we have this way of being a little too direct. :D

Anyway, watching the Thor oscillator tutorial, fantastic stuff. But is he on medication or something? He sounds a bit slurred.
So THAT'S what that accent is... I always thought he was Slavic of some kind... Great guy to watch though, been subscribed for a while. Looking forward to this sound design course!

BRIGGS

15 Oct 2017

motuscott wrote:
15 Oct 2017
BRIGGS wrote:
15 Oct 2017
yeah, I'd rather beat my head agaist a wall. :roll:
r11s

BRIGGS

15 Oct 2017

Electric-Metal wrote:
15 Oct 2017
BRIGGS wrote:
15 Oct 2017
Can't agree on this. He made a YT video about the GQ7 which was requested by me, and there's no insulting at all. Indeed I'm mentioned in the description and he also thanks me during the video, so there's that. ;)

r11s

TheGodOfRainbows

16 Oct 2017

Hydlide is a mad scientist and knows his way around Reason and synthesis like no one else. A lot of what he talks about is over my head. But that's because he's getting down to the nitty gritty of how a synth works, and synths are complex machines. I'm musician first, synth tweaker second by far. Some videos I need watch a few times, but he has so many good alternative ways of doing things in Reason, people who like to build things from scratch can really learn a great deal.

And the free ReFills!

teddymcw

16 Oct 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
15 Oct 2017
Hydlide is cool will watch this ........(why not...it is an option to do so)

If i were Propellerhead i'd just give him free upgrades and Re's for life. But i don't think they give him much free stuff at all which is an abomination if it's true!
Ya I agree they should find a way to credit him, the thing with props associating with him as a company will never be desirable as he's fiercely independent in his ways. Props will continue with their branding / style and Hydlide with his.

Also, regarding slurring that's just his style sometimes. Though I do believe Hydlide has an on going medical condition or two so he may be on medication of some sort at some time I don't really know. Sad to think about if health isn't top notch, but he seems like he's keeping his mind and spirits in top shape as ever!

jayhosking

16 Oct 2017

I've found some of his previous videos to be abrasive, but his oscillator-by-oscillator breakdown of Thor was strangely useful (I apparently have more gaps in my knowledge than I thought) and made me think
1. This sort of breakdown would be useful for all synths in the rack, especially the new incoming ones, and Props should get on making similar videos, and
2. Thor still has tremendous power and potential, provided it can be modernized a little with a stereo output (i.e. a combinator or Haas or whatever).

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Oct 2017

I like his stuff but that first video on OSC was extremely basic (and boring), hope the rest of them get better.

• Information