Switching blocks with MIDI input

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
CookieClimber

24 Sep 2017

Hey. I wonder if anybody knows a way around this problem. I want to make a song with instruments as layers, looping a 4 bar chord progression. The idea is to have all instruments running in the background and use the faders on my keyboard to fade them in one by one and "build" the track up in a live performance.

The problem is, as I am preparing my track now. It's the same 4 bars looping over and over. I want to have a 4 bar chord progression for the verse, and one for the chorus, and switch between them using a button assigned on my keyboard, or a similar solution.

One way would be to build the verse in block 1 and the chorus in block 2 and simply click between them. But Reason is not really designed for live performance in this way so I guess I would have to use the mouse, and also time the transition perfectly.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Sterioevo

23 Oct 2017

I figured out a way to achieve this by navigating the sequencer timeline in a non linear way, using the External Midi Instrument in a combinator and a custom remote map. Convoluted but works. I can explain further if you are interested in rabbit holes...,

Catblack

24 Oct 2017

Sterioevo wrote:
23 Oct 2017
I figured out a way to achieve this by navigating the sequencer timeline in a non linear way, using the External Midi Instrument in a combinator and a custom remote map. Convoluted but works. I can explain further if you are interested in rabbit holes...,
I'm interested. I'm guessing you are using a custom remote codec and remotemap?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

cgijoe

24 Oct 2017

I too, would be interested in learning about this method!

theshoemaker

24 Oct 2017

The Nektar Impact codec uses this function.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Sterioevo

25 Oct 2017

see attached zip with combinator, remote map and codec...
Attachments
non linear.zip
(6.07 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

• Information