Note to CV with Thor ?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
friday

02 Sep 2017

Hi all

i try to create a combinator where the gate is coming from a generator but the NOTE should be controlled from the midi controller. I tryed to use Thor as NOTE to CV generator, but that does not work properly, it is not in tune?

can someone please help me?
notetocv.PNG
notetocv.PNG (588.3 KiB) Viewed 869 times

Ahornberg

02 Sep 2017

For this purpos I use the RPG-8 as it comes out of the Browser and then I turn the arpeggiator off.

pongasoft
RE Developer

04 Sep 2017

Thor has a very weird way to "convert" Note to CV and as result it cannot be used for what you are trying to achieve.
thor-vs-matrix.png
thor-vs-matrix.png (59.85 KiB) Viewed 828 times
This is a little spreadsheet that shows the mapping (measured with CVA-7 and raw setting). It shows that for Thor, C3 is 0 and increases by 0.0119 for each semi-tone. For the matrix C3 is 0.47244 (which if you look at the Note formula https://pongasoft.com/rack-extensions/C ... al-details is a midi note 60) and this is correct.

Yan

friday

05 Sep 2017

He All

thanks for your answers, i tried it with the Arp and that worked with RE but with VST i have to trigger the note change in the same moment as the gate was triggered. I have not testet that in deep, only with one VST, will do more research at the weekend.

Loque

05 Sep 2017

friday wrote:
05 Sep 2017
He All

thanks for your answers, i tried it with the Arp and that worked with RE but with VST i have to trigger the note change in the same moment as the gate was triggered. I have not testet that in deep, only with one VST, will do more research at the weekend.
Most devices need both.
Reason12, Win10

• Information