Assign midi keyboard to nothing?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jagwah

20 Jul 2017

My midi keyboard is a little dusty and constantly sending bogus messages to Reason. I can deal with it when I know what it's affecting, but for peace of mind can I assign it to no instrument when I'm not using it, rather than switching it off?

Cheers! :)

WongoTheSane

20 Jul 2017

You could always disable it temporarily in Prefs/Control Surfaces (uncheck the "use with Reason" switch), but alternately, you could set the master keyboard to "Separated" (same place) so that you have to select manually where it sends its data to. When not in use, direct it to the transport track or a dummy track, and when in use, simply click on the corresponding "Record enable" icon on the track. That way, you can select whatever track without the keyboard's data being sent automatically to that track.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2017

You could edit the midicodex for your keyboard and disable the rouge controls all together.

Or you could do as the above post stated, make sure it's not the master keyboard, then you can lock it to something as simple as a JP Commentator plate.

Jagwah

21 Jul 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
20 Jul 2017
You could always disable it temporarily in Prefs/Control Surfaces (uncheck the "use with Reason" switch), but alternately, you could set the master keyboard to "Separated" (same place) so that you have to select manually where it sends its data to. When not in use, direct it to the transport track or a dummy track, and when in use, simply click on the corresponding "Record enable" icon on the track. That way, you can select whatever track without the keyboard's data being sent automatically to that track.
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Jul 2017
You could edit the midicodex for your keyboard and disable the rouge controls all together.

Or you could do as the above post stated, make sure it's not the master keyboard, then you can lock it to something as simple as a JP Commentator plate.
Cool suggestions guys, will see which works best for me thanks for chiming in :)

• Information