M-Audio keyboard drivers weird download

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jagwah

24 Jun 2017

I have recently moved to Windows 10 and my M-Audio midi keyboard is behaving a bit funny (LCD screen keeps counting to 127 over and over) so I figure it needs a driver update.

On their website I follow the prompts to get my correct driver ( http://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers ) Keyboard Controllers / Oxygen 49 Silver / Windows 10 64 bit.

The next page is kind of weird (if you want to follow me) but I assume the idea is to download from the prompt at the very bottom of the screen. So I download that, and when I unzip it there is about 100 more zipped files inside, none that relate specifically to what I need.

I'll attach the zip file I downloaded and you can see for yourself:
Enigma XML.zip
(877.53 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Can anyone recommend what to do here? I need to register to contact their support and hoping someone here can help before I go digging around for purchase info.

Any ideas?

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

Jagwah wrote:
24 Jun 2017
I have recently moved to Windows 10 and my M-Audio midi keyboard is behaving a bit funny (LCD screen keeps counting to 127 over and over) so I figure it needs a driver update.

On their website I follow the prompts to get my correct driver ( http://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers ) Keyboard Controllers / Oxygen 49 Silver / Windows 10 64 bit.

The next page is kind of weird (if you want to follow me) but I assume the idea is to download from the prompt at the very bottom of the screen. So I download that, and when I unzip it there is about 100 more zipped files inside, none that relate specifically to what I need.

I'll attach the zip file I downloaded and you can see for yourself: Enigma XML.zip

Can anyone recommend what to do here? I need to register to contact their support and hoping someone here can help before I go digging around for purchase info.

Any ideas?
which keyboard do you have?

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

oh the oxygen 49? missed that :P

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

i don't think there is any "driver update" at least not the kind you are looking for. those XML files i think are just preset mappings for different DAWS and Midi controllers all in one .ZIP file.

Jagwah

24 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
24 Jun 2017
i don't think there is any "driver update" at least not the kind you are looking for. those XML files i think are just preset mappings for different DAWS and Midi controllers all in one .ZIP file.
Are you saying this from experience? Are you suggesting there are no drivers? I know those are mapping files but if you follow the destination path I described this is what is downloaded from the 'driver' section of the website.

Still need help with this if anyone has any idea, thanks.

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

Jagwah wrote:
24 Jun 2017
aeox wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Are you saying this from experience? Are you suggesting there are no drivers? I know those are mapping files but if you follow the destination path I described this is what is downloaded from the 'driver' section of the website.

the Oxygen 49 is class-compliant, meaning it is using drivers built into your OS

edit: maybe this can help http://www.noterepeat.com/articles/pc-t ... eripherals

Jagwah

25 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Jagwah wrote:
24 Jun 2017

the Oxygen 49 is class-compliant, meaning it is using drivers built into your OS

edit: maybe this can help http://www.noterepeat.com/articles/pc-t ... eripherals
Interesting, thanks.

• Information