PHASER

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
samsome

21 Apr 2017

Hi guys

I DOn't know when to use phaser...and I'm not sure if its better on leads, plucks or pads.

can you please give me some guidance

Thank you

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2017

samsome wrote:Hi guys

I DOn't know when to use phaser...and I'm not sure if its better on leads, plucks or pads.

can you please give me some guidance

Thank you
Without being funny, when it sounds right in the mix...

I do like Phaser on pads or long leads as you can hear the phaser effect, on short leads (fast playing) or plucks it gets lost IMO... but as I said when it sounds right it's right :) experiment away....

chk071

21 Apr 2017

Works on pretty much anything. Gives lots of movement, which is good. :) Phaser is a really essential effect for me. Use it on static sounds too, without modulating the frequency, works great also for really rough bass sounds.
:reason: :rebirth:

Oquasec

21 Apr 2017

When I deem necessary. doesn't get much use.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Benedict
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2017

Yes, Phasing is such a distinct effect you need to pick your moments but when you get it right you can go hog wild (like Itchikoo Park).

Like Carly, I mostly use on Pads and Strings but recently used a couple of times very subtly on drums to make them seem less "pasted In" to the mix.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

scratchnsnifff

24 Apr 2017

I use it on growl patches but only as a background sort of modulation, it's a great hidden effect that is becoming more popular. The only thing about reasons stock phaser is that there is no dry wet balalnce I'm sure there's a way around that but I am more familiar with u-he , elements phaser, and expanses phaser I have a tutorial I posted on this forum where I brefiely show a scenario where it works look on the tutorials page on reason talk and the one that says expanse sound design :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

teddymcw

25 Apr 2017

Benedict wrote:Yes, Phasing is such a distinct effect you need to pick your moments but when you get it right you can go hog wild (like Itchikoo Park).

Like Carly, I mostly use on Pads and Strings but recently used a couple of times very subtly on drums to make them seem less "pasted In" to the mix.

:)
Include guitar, esp rhythm guitar in the Strings category, can be brilliant there. Phasing always has a certain 'mood' for me.

moneykube

25 Apr 2017

Two phasers in one
Congratulations on your graduation from the Academy! To commemorate your achievement, and prepare you for your assignment on board the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, you have been issued an official Starfleet phaser pistol. This new model is comprised of two parts: a removable Type 1 "cricket" phaser and a Type 2 pistol grip.

As with all standard-issue phasers, this one is equipped with four levels that may be necessary within your duties: Heat, Stun, Kill, and Disintegrate. There is also a Safety mode, for added security while your phaser is holstered. While it is possible to put your phaser into Overload, it is not recommended, due to the possibility of causing significant harm, loss of life, or destruction of property.

Best of luck to you aboard the Enterprise. Your new red Security uniform will be issued to you shortly as well - wear it with pride, Ensign.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information