Rokit speaker question

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Jagwah

04 Apr 2017

Hi :)

My Rokit monitors really need to be raised or tilted to be more in line with my ears. I have seen numerous times the foam type blocks people use to raise or tilt their speakers but I am having trouble finding them even on ebay. Can someone tell me what they are called, or where I might find them?

Thanks a bunch!!

raymondh

04 Apr 2017

They are called monitor isolation pads.

Having the speakers raised to be in line with your ears will make a very big difference, whether you use (or need) isolation pads or not.

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2017

Bit fancier but there is this sort of thing (available in other sizes or somesuch) at Store DJ. Bit surprised they don't have those foam wedges.

https://www.storedj.com.au/open-box-ult ... tor-stands

How about phone books?

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Ocean of Waves

05 Apr 2017

those foams don't do the things the box says.
Best advice I can give you is to move the speakers as far away from walls as you can, if you can keep em away from corners and put the tweeters on ear level. Also, don't place computer screens in front of them.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

05 Apr 2017

Look up Iso-L8r stands - got these for my Mackies. Night and Day. Won't go back to foam again

Marco Raaphorst

05 Apr 2017

Jagwah wrote:Hi :)

My Rokit monitors really need to be raised or tilted to be more in line with my ears. I have seen numerous times the foam type blocks people use to raise or tilt their speakers but I am having trouble finding them even on ebay. Can someone tell me what they are called, or where I might find them?

Thanks a bunch!!
don't use foam. get these: http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/is ... on-stands/

Jagwah

07 Apr 2017

Sorry guys for the late response, thanks for all the input!

@Benedict - I was surprised by Store Dj too.

@LABONE - They look cool and don't use extra desk space, thanks for the tip!

Thanks again!!

Kaosis

08 Apr 2017

Benedict wrote: How about phone books?

:)
That's what I did before I sold off my toys, and will be doing once I buy some new monitors. Worked like a charm and cheap as hell too

• Information