Vocoder Bass

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
payamsarbani

30 Jan 2017

Hi !
how make vocoder bass for dubstep music ?

Creativemind

30 Jan 2017

payamsarbani wrote:Hi !
how make vocoder bass for dubstep music ?
I probably couldn't help you anyway but for those that can...any examples?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

payamsarbani

10 Feb 2017

yea , for example somthing like skrillex bass !
i think he uses vocoder for his bass !

Loque

10 Feb 2017

Maybe you can provide an example?
Just a guess... A FM talk synth with typical LP filter curves.
Reason12, Win10

X1Lo

17 Feb 2017

If you have parsec try running different oscillators through the voice modifier then adding the softube saturation knob with a high setting. Make sure to modulate the position knob of the voice modifier and to be very gentle with formant changes. Most dubstep growl/vocal basses are not made this way from what I have seen in tutorials but this method works wonders, especially if you start chaining distortion fx with the half rack chorus with lots of feedback and comb filters around 40hz with high resonance. For a standard approach check out the SpeoTV channel on youtube, his tutorials are some of my favorite.
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

drloop

17 Feb 2017

I have used a vocoder and my own voice to make a FX similar to what you want to do.

payamsarbani

24 May 2018

X1Lo wrote:
17 Feb 2017
If you have parsec try running different oscillators through the voice modifier then adding the softube saturation knob with a high setting. Make sure to modulate the position knob of the voice modifier and to be very gentle with formant changes. Most dubstep growl/vocal basses are not made this way from what I have seen in tutorials but this method works wonders, especially if you start chaining distortion fx with the half rack chorus with lots of feedback and comb filters around 40hz with high resonance. For a standard approach check out the SpeoTV channel on youtube, his tutorials are some of my favorite.
thank you for your helping :D

payamsarbani

24 May 2018

drloop wrote:
17 Feb 2017
I have used a vocoder and my own voice to make a FX similar to what you want to do.
sounds good !
what did you do ? :O :|

• Information