Sub Layers for Basses

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
RequiemMachine

21 Jan 2017

I was working on some sound design a bit earlier today and while I was making some bass sounds I wanted to try something a little different. I typically load in a Thor with a single wavetable set to basic and use it to run a sub for my basses. I decided to try giving the NN-19 and NN-XT a shot and stumbled across a folder in the Factory Soundbank under NN19 Patches. There's a folder in there called Synth Raw Elements. Its got a whole lot of samples of various raw waveforms from number of synths. Plenty of material to make subs with. Just thought I'd share, since I'm sure a lot of you are like me and haven't spent much time in the older depths of the Factory Soundbank. I've been a registered user since v1 and never noticed that folder before.
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

Hoyos

02 Feb 2017

Thank you much. I will look into this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riemac

02 Feb 2017

Yes, the Synth Raw Elements Samples are really nice. You can load them into Expanse as well.

RequiemMachine

04 May 2017

riemac wrote:Yes, the Synth Raw Elements Samples are really nice. You can load them into Expanse as well.
Didn't even think of that. I know what I. Doing when I get home lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

• Information