PSQ-1684 Showroom - Let's go modular

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
rcbuse
RE Developer

28 Jan 2017

removed
Last edited by rcbuse on 29 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

28 Jan 2017

rcbuse wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
rcbuse wrote:I'm looking for a few V2 users that want to be beta testers for PSQ-1684 V3. Send me a PM with your reason username and I'll get you access to the Lectric Panda Beta Forum.
Will this be an SDK 2.5 (Reason 9.2 needed) update?
Yep, sorry, forgot to add that detail!
Heheh - cool! No worries. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I haven't bought PSQ-1684 yet, but I've been eyeing it for at least 6 months. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

theshoemaker

28 Jan 2017

Yes it will. :(
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

dallasknight

03 Feb 2017

Has anybody tried mapping the PSQ to a midi controller?

Another forum member posted this in October

http://www.irregular-cluster.de/launchc ... l.html#daw

I noticed that the PSQ is included in there, has anybody by any chance used it with the PSQ?

Im seriously considering buying one to use with Reason, im also a Ableton user so it makes sense

ejanuska

03 Feb 2017

What midi controller has that many knobs, or even close?

dallasknight

03 Feb 2017

You couldn't have a knob for every pulse and sequencer at the same time, that's not what I meant

I would be hoping for something where you can scroll though each pulse or seq and the knobs would change each time for the individual pulse

I imagine that if they have put the PSQ as a supported device for the Novation XL in the link above, then they might be using the track select buttons to scroll between pulses or something similar

rcbuse
RE Developer

03 Feb 2017

dallasknight wrote:Has anybody tried mapping the PSQ to a midi controller?

Another forum member posted this in October

http://www.irregular-cluster.de/launchc ... l.html#daw

I noticed that the PSQ is included in there, has anybody by any chance used it with the PSQ?

Im seriously considering buying one to use with Reason, im also a Ableton user so it makes sense
electrofux was working on some crazy stuff a while back

AttenuationHz

19 Oct 2017

Been messing with VCVRack (GitHub) past few days Iv'e not used PSQ but it looks interesting wonder if it would go into VCV and work as expected.

You can get Gates/Note/LFO/Envelopes/Clock into VCV with LoopMIDI or similar and an EMI LFO's/Envelopes connect to the pitch bend wheel. Should check it out there will be a port for a VST version in the next few months so audio in reason will be easier but Jack audio or similar would get audio from VCV into Reason atm have not tried to set Jack up myself every time I try to do it my brain hurts from it not working.

Oh and by the way VCVrack is open source so it is free! Early days of it but I can see it taking off big style just hope it remains free but I would pay for it tbh. From what I can tell its a Modular simulator and the sound is pretty close to any of heard. If you learn VCV you can pretty much use physical modular. Great tool for those that have Modular gear also because its so close to the real thing.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

MannequinRaces

21 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
19 Oct 2017
Been messing with VCVRack (GitHub) past few days Iv'e not used PSQ but it looks interesting wonder if it would go into VCV and work as expected.

You can get Gates/Note/LFO/Envelopes/Clock into VCV with LoopMIDI or similar and an EMI LFO's/Envelopes connect to the pitch bend wheel. Should check it out there will be a port for a VST version in the next few months so audio in reason will be easier but Jack audio or similar would get audio from VCV into Reason atm have not tried to set Jack up myself every time I try to do it my brain hurts from it not working.

Oh and by the way VCVrack is open source so it is free! Early days of it but I can see it taking off big style just hope it remains free but I would pay for it tbh. From what I can tell its a Modular simulator and the sound is pretty close to any of heard. If you learn VCV you can pretty much use physical modular. Great tool for those that have Modular gear also because its so close to the real thing.
How is this contributing to the PSQ-1684 Showroom discussion in any way, shape, or form? This should be posted in the other hardware / software thread... not this one. :thumbdown:
Just discovered this thread (don't check the tutorials and techniques sub-forum very often) and all this info about PSQ and its uses are great!! Hope to contribute something to this thread about PSQ-1684 in the future.

AttenuationHz

21 Oct 2017

MannequinRaces wrote:
21 Oct 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
19 Oct 2017

How is this contributing to the PSQ-1684 Showroom discussion in any way, shape, or form? This should be posted in the other hardware / software thread... not this one. :thumbdown:
Just discovered this thread (don't check the tutorials and techniques sub-forum very often) and all this info about PSQ and its uses are great!! Hope to contribute something to this thread about PSQ-1684 in the future.
Well if scroll up there and check the title - Lets go modular. That is how it contributes. Also if you had of saw the other thread that discusses a modular sub forum you would probably be aware that there is a small interest in having one. Now there isn't one that is mainly because of the type of attitude and response posters have. Are you telling me where to post and what not to post you don't have that right.

Again if you had of checked you would see that the information is posted in the the hardware / software thread. Would you like to contribute to that thread?

There is no place for anything to do with modular I'm posting the information here because there is now two places for it: Here and H&S. How does it contribute you ask. It contributes because not only can you use PSQ in Reason but also in other software via EMI. As I stated I have not used PSQ before I'm showing how to set it up to go into VCV rack in the hopes of someone seeing that you can use it in there and if they might be so kind to showcase it. Your enthusiasm is on point. I was planting the seed just so you know.

Anything to do with modular in reason is spread out, this is why there is not a sub forum for it. Can you understand why it was posted here? I have not gone off topic or anything, sit down in the back-seat, there is another way of using PSQ now that you're aware of it you're welcome.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

MannequinRaces

21 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Well if scroll up there and check the title - Lets go modular. That is how it contributes.
The title means going modular using PSQ-1684... nowhere in this thread are people talking about Reaktor, Max/MSP, Softube Modular, etc..
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Also if you had of saw the other thread that discusses a modular sub forum you would probably be aware that there is a small interest in having one.
Yes I believe I posted in that one myself!
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Are you telling me where to post and what not to post you don't have that right.
Ahhhh, if only I was a moderator I could move posts around to create order from the chaos! :puf_bigsmile: :twisted:
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Again if you had of checked you would see that the information is posted in the the hardware / software thread. Would you like to contribute to that thread?
I didn't check that thread because I clicked on this one to read about 'Tutorials and Techniques' for using PSQ-1684. If I come across cool hardware / software I would post in that sub-forum and not in this thread.
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
There is no place for anything to do with modular I'm posting the information here because there is now two places for it: Here and H&S.
So... just because this thread has 'modular' in the title you're spamming it with other modular software rather than the one people are actually discussing?
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
As I stated I have not used PSQ before I'm showing how to set it up to go into VCV rack in the hopes of someone seeing that you can use it in there and if they might be so kind to showcase it. Your enthusiasm is on point. I was planting the seed just so you know.
Why not say that in the first place?! Such as, "I would like to see what people can do using PSQ-1684 and VCV, here's more info about that software." Right now your post just sounds like an infomercial for VCV.

In retrospect I do see why you posted about VCV here, just seems a bit out of place. I appreciate your enthusiasm as well and thank you for that and for talking about other modular software. The more stuff we can plug in to more stuff the better. :)
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
sit down in the back-seat
I get motion sickness back there so I like to drive. :sick:

AttenuationHz

21 Oct 2017

MannequinRaces wrote:
21 Oct 2017

Why not say that in the first place?! Such as, "I would like to see what people can do using PSQ-1684 and VCV, here's more info about that software." Right now your post just sounds like an infomercial for VCV.
AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
sit down in the back-seat
I'll keep your intellect in mind when I post further then! I implied that by saying 'wonder if it will work as expected'. If you can't read between the lines not really my bother. Why go attack the poster though.

I have music to make haven't got time for this BS!

MannequinRaces

21 Oct 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Oct 2017
MannequinRaces wrote:
21 Oct 2017

I'll keep your intellect in mind when I post further then! I implied that by saying 'wonder if it will work as expected'. If you can't read between the lines not really my bother. Why go attack the poster though.

I have music to make haven't got time for this BS!
Must have been the lack of the question mark after 'wonder if it will work as expected?' that threw me for a loop! :) Not really an attack rather than a shot across the bow, lol. Didn't mean to come off that way, my apologies if my direct nature is too abrasive. Agree, let's make some music!

• Information