Delay Throws/ Automation

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
JerrelTheKing

30 Oct 2016

Hey Guys,
How do you get the automated delay throws on a track of there own in reason. I've used to Titus to automate vocal delay throws and they have a midi track but now I need just an audio track of the throws and I'm having trouble figuring this out.. Thanks.

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2016

Can you please explain the term "throws"? Do you mean Send?

If so then you want the Return on a Track so insert a Mix Channel, rewire the signal from the Delay to the new Mix Channel (as opposed to the Return on the Masters) and you are off.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

JerrelTheKing

31 Oct 2016

@Benedict delay throws are the term used when you just want delay on a certain word of a line for example. So my question is how to get the delay of that word on a track of its own. Automation creates a lane and midi info but I would like the actual audio on a track of its own.

tybband

31 Oct 2016

Why not just make a duplicate track and cut out everything that you don't want to echo? Then add your echo to that track. Alternately you can automate the aux send on your original track.

JerrelTheKing

31 Oct 2016

@ tybband automating the original track is how I created the throw to begin with. But its just midi info. However I also tried duping the track but not cutting out the part from the original yet. Seems tedious to have to do that for every delay throw needed and defeats the purpose of automation.

Loque

31 Oct 2016

The Echos Roll function can be handy for that,but doubling seem to be the only thing that fully satisfies your needs. Titus, i am not sure, has a fill buffer button and freeze it. If not, you can use the buffers of other RE like BuffRe or Polar. Another way could be to add a aufio switch to the delay input with orignal audio and nothing.

Also reverse Reverb fading FX needs a bit of work. Sometimes there is not awsome button.
Reason12, Win10

JerrelTheKing

31 Oct 2016

Hmm thanks guys doesnt seem to be any option but doubling which is sad..

Exowildebeest

31 Oct 2016

If you want it rendered to audio, just do the automation thing, but render the send return without the original dry signal. You can do that by muting the original signal after it's been sent to the send. Now export and import and voila, you have your delay send rendered to an audio track ready for whatever you want to do to it :)

Loque

31 Oct 2016

Exowildebeest wrote:If you want it rendered to audio, just do the automation thing, but render the send return without the original dry signal. You can do that by muting the original signal after it's been sent to the send. Now export and import and voila, you have your delay send rendered to an audio track ready for whatever you want to do to it :)
Nice, and so simple
Reason12, Win10

JerrelTheKing

31 Oct 2016

wow thats what I was looking for. Thanks @Exowildebeest

Creativemind

01 Nov 2016

Might seem a daft question but why do you want the delay throws on a separate track of their own?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information