Phase inversion and Dual Stereo

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
pushedbutton

26 Oct 2016

Just had and Idea, not had a chance to try it yet.
We use a tascam recorder and it has the option to record in Dual Channel Stereo using 2 internal and 2 external mics. I turned the option on to try it when we did out last interview and it created 2 wav files, one contained the left audio from the external and internal mics and the other was the right channels,
If I point the internal mics at the ambient noise and the external mics at the interview subject would I be able to use this setup to invert the phase and do some noise cancelling?
If anyone has any experience of this let me know, I've not has a chance to try it yet but I will let you know as soon as I get a minute.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

moneykube

26 Oct 2016

at any rate u would have a clearer ambient sound to work with to remove... a plugin I have used for such removal in another daw is soundsoap
http://www.soundness-llc.com/products/s ... aQodg7sDFA
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

tybband

26 Oct 2016

Probably not. Only those things which are exactly the same in both tracks will cancel when you invert polarity.

Exowildebeest

26 Oct 2016

tybband wrote:Probably not. Only those things which are exactly the same in both tracks will cancel when you invert polarity.
This. The seperately recorded ambient noise will probably be too different in phase, amplitude and general character for this to work.

• Information