Reason 9 Pitch Corection or Neptune

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Tom_Har

20 Oct 2016

Hello guys

What do you think which is better for tuning vocals,
latest Pitch Corection or Neptune or both ?

joeyluck

20 Oct 2016

Both! Reason 9 Pitch Edit for flexible fine tuning. Neptune for set-it-and-forget-it/live performance/voice synth and other various applications where CV and automation of parameters creates cool opportunities.

JNeffLind

21 Oct 2016

I find it near impossible to get transparent pitch correction with Neptune, but as Joey said it's okay for some effects. Pitch edit is definitely the way to go for me. I've been using it tons.

Tom_Har

21 Oct 2016

Thank you guys

8cros

21 Oct 2016

JNeffLind wrote:I find it near impossible to get transparent pitch correction with Neptune, but as Joey said it's okay for some effects. Pitch edit is definitely the way to go for me. I've been using it tons.
This is not the only example. Sometimes Neptune sounds very good.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

JNeffLind

22 Oct 2016

8cros wrote:
JNeffLind wrote:I find it near impossible to get transparent pitch correction with Neptune, but as Joey said it's okay for some effects. Pitch edit is definitely the way to go for me. I've been using it tons.
This is not the only example. Sometimes Neptune sounds very good.
I don't doubt it's possible to make Neptune work as intended, depending on the voice and the song. I just haven't been able to get it to do so. My voice sometimes gives even Melodyne fits though, more warm/gravelly/thick than the traditional thinner belting style we see in most pop music. Think James Taylor, as opposed to Freddie Mercury. Running my voice through neptune makes it register notes entire octaves above and below what was intended. It's like someone fed it bath salts. Pitch edit handles my voice well though, even better than Melodyne in fact. Just my two cents.

Bloma

31 Oct 2016

Tom_Har wrote:Hello guys

What do you think which is better for tuning vocals,
latest Pitch Corection or Neptune or both ?
Holy f***, the pitch correction is 100 times better. It's the main reason I upgraded to Reason 9.

tybband

31 Oct 2016

So far I have had only limited successful results with the new built-in pitch corrector. I get a lot of grayed-out blobs and if there are many harmonics in the source or leakage from other instruments you get some very wired results. It doesn't work nearly as well as Melodyne.

I have been happy with Neptune as far as live input but again it doesn't like and extra sound mixed in with the intended source. I've found using Crown Cm-11 and Cm-10 mics gives much better results than more common mics.

Bloma

01 Nov 2016

Fair enough, I'm only using it for close mic'd studio vocals here and there.

jam-s

02 Nov 2016

tybband wrote:So far I have had only limited successful results with the new built-in pitch corrector. I get a lot of grayed-out blobs and if there are many harmonics in the source or leakage from other instruments you get some very wired results. It doesn't work nearly as well as Melodyne.
That's to be expected, as the pitch algorithm of Reason does only work for monophonic material, where Melodyne also works with polyphonic tracks.

• Information